Forum connectivity problems

Forum connectivity problems

Over the last couple of days, I often get an error in Internet Explorer 9 while trying to connect to IDZ forums.  The rendered html says something to the effect of, ".. sorry, but it appears out site is down.."

With Google Chrome, I get strange error while trying to log into my profile.

If I run a cleanup utility to clear all my temporary internet files, cookies, cache, etc., then I am able to connect again for some time before the problem reappears.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Here is a screen image of how the site appears when I've the problem:

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/png ForumError.png289.62 KB

Yes exactly the same problems in crome. If I hit refresh a few times I eventually get a result or sometimes I get a non-graphics text version of the page. I think it follows from site updates on Saturday

I got the same experience this morning. Some posts (like this one) I can access, but others (like the one I put up last night), launch the screen FortranFan provided.

I'm using Firefox.

What's up w/ this?

When I try to connect from a MAC, I got something that looks like an

OUTLINE with 50-60 lines in it, and could not go anywhere out of that page.

Then at the bottom left, it says "YOU ARE HERE"

Obviously, not where I want to be - - - 

I guess they don't bother to test this stuff, whoever it is - - 

I'm relieved to read I'm not the only one.

I was worried of some infection - some tracking cookie of a nastier nature - in my computing envrionment..

I had also the same problem.Now sometimes low bandwidth version of the forum is loading when I hit refresh button.

We're working on it - sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

The forum issues have been fixed. In addition, all pages on Intel Developer Zone are now https, for your security.

Thanks Steve.

Now everything works fine.

The option to send a private message to a comment writer has disappeared of late, probably as part of the latest update mentioned by Steve above.  Steve, is it intentional?  If yes, would be possible to explain why?  It was a nice feature.

Thanks,

I don't think this is intentional. I will let the forum developers know. (I note that this happens only for non-Intel users.)

Unfortunately I'm again experiencing problems with the forum today - threads don't get displayed correctly or low bandwidth renditions of the pages occur and also, get a bunch of "the file could not be created" errors.

Anyone else seeing such issues as well?

Quote:

FortranFan wrote:

Unfortunately I'm again experiencing problems with the forum today - threads don't get displayed correctly or low bandwidth renditions of the pages occur and also, get a bunch of "the file could not be created" errors.

Anyone else seeing such issues as well?

Yes, several times this morning.

I see this too. It will get straightened out.

Two months later, and I get the same thing.

This is after 30 minutes trying to create a new topic.

Why don't they tell me this BEFOREHAND?

It happened again -

I set up the message, then it crashes when I put in the WORD VERIFICATION.

I know you want to keep out "phishing" but whats the point

if you keep out legitimate users also?

Do they even test this stuff?

Yes, it is tested. I haven't seen similar issues. I will let the forum team know you're having problems.

Bill, it is not clear to me what is happening "again", as there are several different issues discussed in this thread. What were you referring to in post 16?

I tried to post a new topic under "Visual Fortran for Windows."

Then when I clicked "submit" it asked for a word verification.

When I put that in, it said "sorry our system is down."

So everything I put in was lost, no way to recover it later.

I am going to try a "garbage" test message, see if it does the same thing again.

I just don't see the point in spending all that time if I can't submit it.

Maybe its better to disable that "word verification" until this can be resolved.

One things isn't clear -

If we have to LOG IN, why bother with that anyway? Is there no way to keep 

out the "pfishers?"

I didn't get a "system down" messages this time. Does it have to do with HOW BUSY the server is?

It could be that the spam filtering service, run by an outside company, was not responding, but I thought we had it set so that if this happens the post is allowed through. I have asked that you be excluded from the spam filtering, Bill.

Lately, I have been unable to stay signed into the forum; I've to log-in every time I start a new browser session.  I notice this with both Google Chrome (Version 39.0.2171.95 m) and IE 9.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?  If a common occurrence, is this by design on Intel site?  Has the settings changed to prevent being signed in (for security reasons, perhaps)?

Quote:

FortranFan wrote:

Lately, I have been unable to stay signed into the forum; I've to log-in every time I start a new browser session.  I notice this with both Google Chrome (Version 39.0.2171.95 m) and IE 9.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?  If a common occurrence, is this by design on Intel site?  Has the settings changed to prevent being signed in (for security reasons, perhaps)?

Yes the login behaviour seemed to change a few days ago. I have not though too deeply on the whys and ifs but I my browser shortcut now frequently gets redirected due to not staying logged in and then I have to login again.

During the last two or three weeks I noticed a change in the login procedure. The login takes much longer than in the past, besides the fact that I am not able to store the password in my password safe, as I did for years now. I have to type in my password which is for safety reasons long and complicated, every time I log in. That's not a problem, but a nuisance and wasted time.

I already have a complaint in about the forum not remembering logins. It affects me as well. This got triggered by a corporate change in how logins to Intel sites are handled - the issue is being worked on.

Steve,

Not only does the system now log users out when they attempt to access the site, it refirects to a root address (probably software.intel.com/en-us), rather than the forum page, so there is an additional level of frustration, of needing to migrate back to the forum page AND login again.

David

But it only redirects the first time that you visit the Intel site in a browser session.  Once at that root page, do nothing other than re-entering the address for the forum (say by selecting the same bookmark that initially resulted in the root page) - and you get the forum!  Quite bizarre.

Ian & Steve,

The redirect to the root page appears to be part of the logout process.  If you are not logged in (i.e. the 2nd attempt to access the page), then the forum is displayed.  Close the browser while logged in and then attempt to access the forum again, and the logout process then redirects to the root page.

David

Yes, I see this behavior. It is not intentional and is being investigated.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today