Visual Studio 2010 + XE 2013 SP2: integration issue

Visual Studio 2010 + XE 2013 SP2: integration issue

Until recently, I used Win XP + VS 2010 + Intel Visual Fortran 12.1.3.300, and was enjoying "Go To Definition", "Go To Declaration" and "Find All References" in the right-click menu for years. However, last month I got a new machine with Win 7 on it. I installed VS 2010 and upgraded Fortran to 14.0.2.176. Everything works fine, but I don't see "Go To Definition", "Go To Declaration" and "Find All References" anymore. (I do see them for C++ code though.) What is the problem? If this was already discussed, can somebody please send the link?

Please don't offer to move to a newer VS, there's a number of reasons why I can't do it.

Thank you!

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/jpeg SnapVS2010.JPG112.77 KB
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

For some reason, your attachment didn't register correctly. I don't recall seeing a report of this problem before, though, and I know I used this combination a lot. For a start, try the troubleshooting steps in I can't create Fortran projects or see any Fortran support in Visual Studio

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I tried the troubleshooting steps 1-3 already. I can create Fortran projects, I see all the Fortran templates, can compile and build projects. It's just the context menu which is not right - see attached.

Trying to attach the screenshot again...

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/jpeg SnapVS2010.JPG112.77 KB

Go to Tools > Options > Text Editor > Fortran > Advanced. Make sure all options are set to True except for Disable Database. Restart VS.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Works now! Thanks a lot, Steve!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today