Compile either with Intel Fortran 10.1 or with Intel Fortran Composer XE 2013

Compile either with Intel Fortran 10.1 or with Intel Fortran Composer XE 2013

Hello,

I have Visual Studio 2008 installed and I use it with Intel Fortran 10.1.021 to compile my projects.

Yesterday I have installed a free trial version of Intel Fortran Composer 2013 in order to evaluate it. I've performed a few tests successfully.

I want now to put on hold my tests for 1 day, go back to my usual work and compile my projects as usual with VS 2008 and Intel Fortran 10.1. But the trouble I have is that whenever I load my .sln file it asks me whether I want to convert to the format used by this version of the Intel Visual Fortran Visual Studio Integration. As I don't want my Fortran project to be converted to Composer 2013 I answer NO but my Fortran project isn't loaded...

If I look in Visual Studio in Tools | Options | Visual Fortran | Set Directory List   then the only compiler available in "Selected version of Suite/compiler " is Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013.

What shall I do to be able to compile with Intel Fortran 10.1?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Denis.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hmmm! when you install a newer version you get the option to replace the old one or install in parallel as I recall. You might have to install 10.1 again now by the look of it.

I've installed 10.1 again but after that I was not able to compile using  Fortran Composer 2013...

I've then installed Fortran Composer 2013 again and I've noticed the following Warning during the installation:

Installation can continue but take note:

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 10.1 Integration(s) in Microsoft Visual Studio is already installed

If you proceed to install, the 10.1 IDE integration(s) will be uninstalled and the Intel Composer XE 2013 SP1 IDE integration will be installed. You will no longer be able to select 10.1 or older Intel Visual Fortran Compilers from the Visual Studio IDE (if it is currently installed).

I believe then that I can't use either 10.1 or Composer 2013 without having to install again the one I want to use.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately the "Selected version of suite/compiler" dropdown menu has a single item that is the last compiler that I had installed. 

For instance if I install again Intel Fortran 10.1 the dropdown menu has a single item that is the 10.1 version of the compiler. If I install again the Fortran Composer 2013 then the dropdown menu has a single item that is Fortran Composer 2013. So I can't switch from 10.1 to Composer 2013 from the "Selected version of suite/compiler" dropdown menu.

Best Reply

There is not much more to note beyond what you already have identified is the current situation with having both 10.1 and CXE 2013 installed.  The CXE 2013 Release notes (https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/251098/release-no...) in Section 2.4 (page 11) discuss the situation you faced.

If having multiple versions of Visual Studio installed is an option for you, then you could consider installing/integrating CXE 2013 with the newer Visual Studio and keeping 10.1 integrated with MSVS 2008.

Sorry about the trouble you experienced. If there is anything else you need then please let us know.

Thank you Kevin!

Would that issue also occur with Intel Visual Fortran Studio XE 2013?

Quote:

Denis wrote:

Would that issue also occur with Intel Visual Fortran Studio XE 2013?

I would expect so because the Fortran integrations will be the same with studio and composer versions.

app4619 is correct. In fact, the Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 is wholly included in the Intel Visual Fortran Studio XE 2013 for Windows* suite.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today