Intel Visual Fortran 15 now available

Intel Visual Fortran 15 now available

Version 15.0 of the Intel Visual Fortran Compiler is now available from the Intel Registration Center, if your support term hasn't yet expired. Announcements about this will go out soon. The product names have changed somewhat - what used to be called Composer XE is now "Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition". The other suites have also changed names - all start with "Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015".

Notable features of version 15 include:

• Full support for Fortran 2003
  • BLOCK from Fortran 2008
  • EXECUTE_COMMAND_LINE from Fortran 2008
  • New optimization report annotates the source from within Visual Studio

For more information, see the release notes.

Steve - Intel Developer Support
10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Steve

Is there only one version now, no longer separate versions for VS and VS shell? I see only one.

Thanks

Neels

This comment has been moved to its own thread

Attachments: 

Neels, we did away with the separate installers as too many customers were picking up the wrong one. You can use the online installer if you want to minimize downloads.

So, if I don't want it to install the shell and libraries edition, do I need to use the online installer?  Would installing it from the full installer interfere with an existing installation of Visual Studio 2010 that I want to continue using?

Does this intel fortran require MS visual studio 2013 especially to use the fortran expression editor?  Is there any advantage to goign to MS VS 2013 if we move to ifort 15.0?

thanks

scott

Jacob, both the online and full installer will skip installing the VS Shell if you already have a supported VS install. This is the same as the previous version.

Scott, you don't get any additional features, Fortran-wise, from VS2013 compared to VS2010 or VS2012. Any of those three are supported and have full debugger functionality. Of course, there may be VS bug fixes in the newer versions.

Where can we get the list of fixes for this update? I've not seen a link anywhere.

Thanks

Steve

Quote:

Stephen Sutcliffe wrote:

Where can we get the list of fixes for this update? I've not seen a link anywhere.

Thanks

Steve

https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/520142

Link is also in the FAQ linked here

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today