I am working on an multimedia application that involves massive number (hundreds) of threads. I have downloaded an evaluation copy of VTune, but found it NOT suitable to my application:
1. When I run either sampling or call-graph, it typically gave a result of 200-600 threads from my app proces alone.
2. In both sampling and call-graph view, I can't filter these threads by "accessed certain module" to quickly find the threads that I am interested.
3. In call graph, I can't sort the threads by "self-time" or "total-time" (sorting by those criteria only applies to functions inside one thread)
4. Sampling and call-graph can't be executed in the same run (to keep thread ID unchanged), so when I find a "hot" thread in sampling view, I could not got details from call-graph.
5. In call-graph, I could not find a good indication of "real processing time" for the threads (I have tried "total time", "self time" "wait time" etc, but all seems to identify those threads that started first, but actually were in waiting mode most of time, as "red-orange" threads) But one of my main processing thread is always in grey color..
Are these real limitations of VTune, or did I miss something?
Thanks for your response