I am trying to profile an application using VTune Amplifier (downloaded a few days ago, evaluating period). VTune shows that most of the time is spent "[Outside any known module]". By switching to "Module/Code Location/Call Stack" in the "Bottom-up" tab I can see that the virtual addresses belong to the kernel, but I would like to see the addresses resolved.
Please note that I have already googled for answers, but nothing worked. Maybe useful info:
- I am using Ubuntu 13.10, kernel vmlinuz-3.11.0-15-generic;
- I have downloaded the Ubuntu-provided uncompressed kernel image with debug info. It is in /usr/lib/debug/boot/vmlinux-3.11.0-15-generic;
- I have added a symbolic link /usr/lib/debug/boot/vmlinux to the above file, just in case.
- I have added /usr/lib/debug/boot to the "Search Directories" in "Project Properties->Binary/Symbol Search";
- I am able to resolve the addresses shown by VTune by using "addr2line -e /usr/lib/debug/boot/vmlinux-3.11.0-15-generic".
I am doing something wrong, but I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated.