I am using VTune Amplifier XE 2013 to find performance bottlenecks in the software our company develops.
Recently I encountered a crash of our own software during a VTune basic hotspots analysis. (The crash does not appear without having VTune attached.) I get a Windows dialog telling me that the software is not working anymore, giving the problem signature "BEX64".
I have conducted a few tests and found:
- The problem also appears when I disable my virus scanner. There is no 3rd party firewall installed (only the Windows-internal one).
- The problem also appears when I use only 1 display.
- I have tried VTune 2013 Update 12 and Update 14; the problem occurs in both.
- There is no crash when I use the "advanced hotspots analysis". However, this is no option for me, because I get no backtraces and therefore no hierarchical view in the top-down analysis when I use the advanced method.
- Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, SP1
- Dell Workstation T7500: Xeon X5650@2.66 GHz, 24 GB RAM
Can anyone help?