Discover how to use Intel® Parallel Studio to tune hybrid applications by reviewing MPI utilization inefficiencies and balancing thread load levels.
This tutorial uses the sample heart_demo and guides you through basic steps required to analyze hybrid OpenMP* and MPI code for inefficiencies using MPI Performance Snapshot, Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector, and Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE. You will learn how to:
- Build an application using the MPI library and Intel® C++ compiler.
- Run the MPI Performance Snapshot tool to get a high-level overview of performance optimization opportunities.
- Run Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector to identify MPI-bound code.
- Analyze the communication pattern of the source code.
- Run the HPC Performance Characterization Analysis with Intel VTune Amplifier XE to locate vectorization and parallelism issues in the sample code.
- Compare results before and after optimization.
Check out the tutorial here: Analyzing an OpenMP* and MPI Application.