We have a little cluster with the Intel CLuster Toolkit. We develop in our research labor a Fluid-Structure Interaction program. This one is indeed 3 programs:
- a fluid solver written in Fortran;
- a solid solver written in C++;
- a coupling program written in C++.
The 3 programs communicate with MPI.
Our goal is to optimize these programs, particularly the FORTRAN program. So I have searched and found Vtune Amplifier. I have installed it for evaluation. And I have questions:
- With which compilation options should the program compiled ? "-g -02" ? Are there compilation options, which are known to do some troubles in Vtune ?
- In order to start our program we are using mpirun:
mpirun -np 1 "coupling program"; -np 1 "solid solver"; -np 5 "fluid solver"
What is the best way to start Vtune with this type of mpirun line ?
- at the moment I have tested Vtune just on our "fluid solver". I have created a script with
mpirun -np 5 "fluid solver"
And started Vtune on it. I got the results. But it seems that there is a problem for one of the subroutine: the displayed time is written for a comment line ?!? or for a line with nothing (see figure in attachment)...I can't read assembly code...So I don't know if this is a bug just for the Fortran source code or for the assembly code too. What can I do ?
Thx a lot,