Intel XDK never starts after a complete installation

Intel XDK never starts after a complete installation

Hello,
I have installed the last release of Intel XDK on my Windows 7 Pro laptop. Download and setup were successfully performed, but when launching the software, the main windows is correctly displayed then a second windows, with an animated GIF 'Loading', appears and hides the main one during a part of a second before closing it-self. Then the 'Loading' appears again without end (I have waited around 30 minutes without change). I have also tried again to launch the Intel XDK without change. During this flip-flop, I observed a slow activity in the network.

jpiquard

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Do you see this if you try installing on another machine? Also, do not change the install location, use only the default install location.

Hi Paul,

I have to do those two tests today or next Sunday. Effectively, I didn't select the default location in order to point directly to my previous samples.

Regards,

Jacques P.

Jacques -- your projects can be located anywhere you like (preferably in you user directory), the XDK does not need to be installed where your project files are stored. It gets installed in a user-writable location similar to how Chrome is installed.

Hi Paul,

I have installed the Intel XDK on my favorite writable 'D:\Dev Files\Intel\XDK'... And I did change other default settings.

Could be a reason of what I have experimented ?

Regards,

Jacques P.

Hi Paul,

When I tried again to launch Intel XDK, just to take and share some screenshot, it... works correctly... Nothing change, just one night for ma laptop to be relax !!!

So, thank you for your support and now start to use Intel XDK.

Regards,

Jacques P.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today