app preview

app preview

Well...App Preview is no longer working. When I log in the error is: error fetching your apps from the cloud. What's happening? please help us for issues because since yesterday nothing is working fine! Thank You

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I faced the same problem!!

App preview is not working after updating Intel XDK  to  version 1878

("Error fetching your apps from the cloud"),

("Unable to retrieve app from the cloud server  ")

Seems like there are lots of bugs with new version

Same issue here after update. Is there a new version of the App Preview app required and coming out or is the problem with the latest XDK?

Cheers,

Michael.

I have an older version of SDK (the latest before this one). Even with this version and with another account App Preview doesn't work.

The problem is App Preview not the version of SDK (that has its own problems)

Same behavior here.  When I go to run it via the wifi tab on my local network, I get the message: "Unable to retrieve app from the cloud server.  Did you use the Test tab in the Intel XDK to push/synch the project files to the server"... yes I did.  But it's still not working.

Hope someone posts an update here soon.  Very annoying...

Are you still experiencing this issue with App Preview in regards to fetching your projects? Is this related to Local Apps or Server Apps?

Quote:

Elroy Ashtian Jr (Intel) wrote:

Are you still experiencing this issue with App Preview in regards to fetching your projects? Is this related to Local Apps or Server Apps?

Hi Elroy and thanks for taking an interest,

As far as I can tell there are 2 issues (probably related since they both started after the 1878 update).

1) In "Server Apps" after pushing an application to the server successfully in the Intel XDK, trying to run it was giving the error shown in the screenshot above. This has now changed (for me at least) since your posting, to a very long wait (much longer than previous to this update) and then a working app (so this is at least functionally fixed even if there seem to be speed issues). Maybe others can confirm.

2) In "Local Apps" any local app chosen gives the error "Missing Application: Unable to retrieve app from the cloud server. Did you use the Test tab in the Intel XDK to push/synch the project files to the server". This is a confusing message as from the local apps tab I would have thought the cloud server code tests would not be invoked. This happens regardless of whether the local app is one that has ever been pushed to the cloud server or not.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Michael.

What desktop operating system are you using?

OSX 10.9.5.

All working ok except known issues with cocos2D (as per the latest release notes) now I think - thanks to the engineers at Intel in the XDK team and Elroy for getting onto this.

Cheers,

Michael.

I'm having this issue.  I can't access any of my projects on the server tab, they all get this error.  I was thinking this might be a networking issue but the demo apps can all download just fine.

2015-07-05  App Preview > Android 2.3 > press "login" button, no response (nowhere to input email address and password) > press "view instructions", no response > press "license", no response > delete app > reinstall > same results (no response to any tap) > HELP!

Quote:

Pichaya P. wrote:

I faced the same problem!!

we can not test our apk on the app preview ,error fetching our apps from the cloud

You need to upgrade your Android App Preview to 2.4. Check the store, if you cannot get it from the store, the XDK will automatically install it for you via the Debug tab.

Error

I have similar problem when test a project

Hi, I get a similar error: "Unable to retrieve app from the cloud server. Did you use the Test tab in the Intel XDK to push/synch the project files to the server?"  I'm using Intel XDK 3240 on Windows 7, and testing with an Androd 4.2.2 smartphone running Intel App Preview 2.8.1.  I cleared the cache data in App Preview, tried removing and adding back the plugins, and pushed my files to the testing server on 5/18/2016 at 12:44:12 pm, but the file that shows up in App Preview is dated 2016-05-17T16:25:46.863.  That file is also listed with the same date at https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/csd/controlpanel.aspx, and deleting it there doesn't seem to work (it disappears, but refreshing the page brings it right back).  Any thoughts?

RJ and Carlos: I have reproduced the issue and engineering is looking into the problem.

A temporary fix has been implemented to resolve this issue. Full fix will show up next week. There is a slim chance you might still encounter the error, if you do, wait 30 seconds and try it again.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today