Serial Terminal on Edison via Intel XDK

Serial Terminal on Edison via Intel XDK

I have  Intel XDK  Release - 2016 June 9 v3400.    I am unable to get the Serial Terminal pane connected to the board.     

I am connected to the Edison Board in the  "Intel XDK IoT" Tab (running simple Digital Read Example).    It states:

Upload Complete: MRAA Version v1.0.0

I am also able to SSH into the Edison via the "SSH Terminal" tab.     I get a Linux prompt.

What I cannot do is connect to the board via the "Serial Terminal" tab.   I assume I should get to the on-board monitor much like the SSH session?

I have tried both the "Intel Edison USB Composite Device" and the "Intel Edison Virtual Comm Port" without luck.  I have tried several baudrates  (9600, 15200, etc).

Should this work? 

I have rebooted the host machine (Windows 7).  

Any ideas?

Intel XDK - IoT App Daemon v0.1.4 - Node: 4.4.3, Arch: ia32
Intel XDK - IoT App Daemon v0.1.4 - Node: 4.4.3, Arch: ia32

Zone: 

Thread Topic: 

How-To
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Just a general question to make sure I'm setting up the Edison to properly  work with XDK.

I setup my environment with the package:  intel_edison_setup_win_v2016.2.007

Found the problem.   

I had to use the FTDI driver and also the Serial Port towards the outside of the board and not the one towards the inside of the board.  

I didn't read this in any one place, it was accumulated information from a few forum searches.

Gary -- glad you figured it out.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today