[RESOLVED] Cannot login to Intel XDK v3900

[RESOLVED] Cannot login to Intel XDK v3900

The login problem should now be resolved (as of March 30 at 11:30 PDT). The workaround referenced in this thread should no longer be required. If you previously applied the workaround you do not need to "undo" or change anything, the workaround is compatible with the fix. You may be prompted to re-login if you were previously logged into the Intel XDK. The issue was due to the deployment of an incompatible authorization certificate.

------------------------    workaround no longer required    ------------------------

Please see this post > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/720758#comment-1... < for a workaround.

------------------------    original post    ------------------------

I received the following error.

The webpage at https://signin.intel.com/?appid=515&TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-900bfa3b-3...$SM$QnJMmP%2bN6gMN%2fVVnfgk5wOmI3XqRSADYbdE9VPLR1oGltLZwYJ6CRfT8RxFdy4HV&TARGET=$SM$HTTPS%3a%2f%2fsfederation%2eintel%2ecom%2ffederation%2fXDK_App_Center%2easp%3ftCulture%3den-US might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Thread Topic: 

Bug Report
90 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I had just upgraded to XDK 3900. I have rebooted as well as logged in to My Intel from the browser but I can't login from the XDK development environment.

I have the same Problem !!! Please help

I have the same problem, I just upgraded to XDK 3900. I have rebooted as well as logged in to My Intel from the browser but I can't login from the XDK development environment. I have uninstalled and installed three times!!! still same problem.

error: The webpage at https://signin.intel.com/?appid=515&TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-900bfa3b-3...$SM$QnJMmP%2bN6gMN%2fVVnfgk5wOmI3XqRSADYbdE9VPLR1oGltLZwYJ6CRfT8RxFdy4HV&TARGET=$SM$HTTPS%3a%2f%2fsfederation%2eintel%2ecom%2ffederation%2fXDK_App_Center%2easp%3ftCulture%3den-US might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I have the same problem! I believe it is an issue with the firewall. I uninstalled XDK and installed a previous version (3400) from: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/672415#comment-1...

and it worked fine. In that version when I first run the application a pop up window asked me if I wanted this application to connect to the internet, and I agreed. 

Same Problem.

Thank you for the problem report. We will investigate. Which operating systems are affected?

window 10 same problem  

Having the same issue on Windows 7.  I have tried disabling the Firewall and connecting from a couple different networks.

i have the same problem, i will try installing a previous version :(

We believe we have identified the root cause of the issue with signup and signin. Please continue to follow this thread for further updates.

Guys i fixed this Problem for windows user

1-open new admin account on windows

2-Download the new version of intel xdk from the website

3-use the new version to uninstall the old version,then use it to install the the new version (all on the new windows admin account)

note: during uninstall keep the configuration and the files, don't check the box that said it will delete them .

4-go back to your old admin account,open the new xdk ,search it in the menu it's not on desktop and when you open it you will find the new xdk version plus your old apps and configurations all there ,hope this helps .

is this really the only fix? is this bug going to be fixed so the app can be installed without opening new admin account?

Quote:

Maciej Ż. wrote:

is this really the only fix? is this bug going to be fixed so the app can be installed without opening new admin account?

We are still working out the details for a fix to the login problem, we have identified the core problem, but have not come up with a usable and secure workaround.

Quote:

lucas b. wrote:

Guys i fixed this Problem for windows user

1-open new admin account on windows

2-Download the new version of intel xdk from the website

3-use the new version to uninstall the old version,then use it to install the the new version (all on the new windows admin account)

note: during uninstall keep the configuration and the files, don't check the box that said it will delete them .

4-go back to your old admin account,open the new xdk ,search it in the menu it's not on desktop and when you open it you will find the new xdk version plus your old apps and configurations all there ,hope this helps .

Are you saying that this resolves the login problem for you, or some other problem? This sounds like it is fixing something else.

Quote:

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Quote:

lucas b. wrote:

 

Guys i fixed this Problem for windows user

1-open new admin account on windows

2-Download the new version of intel xdk from the website

3-use the new version to uninstall the old version,then use it to install the the new version (all on the new windows admin account)

note: during uninstall keep the configuration and the files, don't check the box that said it will delete them .

4-go back to your old admin account,open the new xdk ,search it in the menu it's not on desktop and when you open it you will find the new xdk version plus your old apps and configurations all there ,hope this helps .

 

 

Are you saying that this resolves the login problem for you, or some other problem? This sounds like it is fixing something else.

 

After i updated my intel xdk today,everything went wrong,i couldn't launch it,everytime i do it's an error and it crashes,and to make it even worse i couldn't uninstall or repair it either to install the new version,so i downloaded the new version from the website,opened a new admin account in my windows and uninstalled (i kept my app and configuration during that ,i didn't check the case) the old version of xdk from there and i installed the new one ,but in the new admin account i couldn't log in , i had the same problem that these guys are having, so i went to my old admin account and launched the new version for intel xdk from there and everything went fine , the new version worked and i found my old configuration and log in already there and my old apps . The only Problem now ,when i try to add a new button or image to my old apps the intel xdk crashes but after the crash i can add them with no problem,so every time i want to add that ,it had to crash first .

I think I am going to wait for Bryan N or someone else at Intel to come up with a non-adhoc more elegant and permanent fix for this problem. I have windows 10 on the machine in question. I have two windows 10 machines. One was upgraded to 10 from windows 8 and the other was upgraded from windows 7. The machine that I had let upgrade from windows 8 has a very fluky nature to its operating system build where as the machine that I had let upgrade from windows 7 runs great. I have wondered if anyone else has encountered a similar situation but the topic windows 10 is probably better suited for a different forum. I do my intel xdk development work on the machine that was upgraded from windows 8. 

@James H, you are right machine with windows upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 has no issue, but machines with windows 10 installed or updated from previous windows 10 installation is the culprit.

For your information,i'm using windows 7

Quote:

lucas b. wrote:

For your information,i'm using windows 7

Sorry Lucas I just realized that, it is really messes then.

Quote:

lucas b. wrote:

After i updated my intel xdk today,everything went wrong,i couldn't launch it,everytime i do it's an error and it crashes,and to make it even worse i couldn't uninstall or repair it either to install the new version,so i downloaded the new version from the website,opened a new admin account in my windows and uninstalled (i kept my app and configuration during that ,i didn't check the case) the old version of xdk from there and i installed the new one ,but in the new admin account i couldn't log in , i had the same problem that these guys are having, so i went to my old admin account and launched the new version for intel xdk from there and everything went fine , the new version worked and i found my old configuration and log in already there and my old apps . The only Problem now ,when i try to add a new button or image to my old apps the intel xdk crashes but after the crash i can add them with no problem,so every time i want to add that ,it had to crash first .

Are you overriding the default install location of the XDK? Normally it wants to install into these two folders:

  • %LocalAppData%\Intel\XDK
  • %LocalAppData%\XDK

The first is where the program binaries go and the second is where user-specific data and cached files go. Trying to install in locations other than these generally causes problems, although, if you are running as Administrator, you could get away with it. But if you are installing and running as a non-admin user you should stick to the default locations.

Previously i did install it on custom directory. So I removed XDK and tried installing it on default directory, with admin privileges. It did not solve the issue and still getting the same error message after clicking log in or sign up.

Intel XDK 3900 Windows 10 Can't Login... 

A proper solution for the 3900 login issue is still being investigated.

If you are using the Intel XDK to complete the HTML5 from W3C Xseries instructional course, use Brackets instead and read this FAQ.

In the meantime, we have identified a workaround for the Intel XDK login issue. Please try it and report back on this thread if it works for you. The workaround described below is for a Windows system. Instructions for a similar workaround can be provided for OSX and Linux, if needed. If you are seeing this problem on Mac or Linux, please report here.

This workaround requires that you have Chrome 55 or greater installed on the same machine that you are using to run the Intel XDK.

  • Close the Intel XDK.
  • Make sure your system date and time is correct.
  • Open a new tab in your Chrome browser (must be Chrome version 55 or later).
  • Type https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/ into your Chrome browser.
  • If you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, skip the next step, otherwise...
  • Sign into the Chrome browser login page using your Intel XDK login username and password credentials.
  • When you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, continue...
     
  • Copy this file: "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies"
    to this folder:   "%LocalAppData%\XDK\User Data\Default"
    (note there are spaces in the paths, so the double-quote characters are required!)
     
  • After a successful copy operation, restart the Intel XDK and you should be automatically logged into your XDK account.

To perform the Cookies file copy using a Windows command prompt:

> cd "%LocalAppData%\XDK\User Data\Default"
> copy "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies" .
Overwrite .\Cookies? (Yes/No/All): y
        1 file(s) copied.

IMPORTANT: do not forget the '.' character at the end of the copy command (above), it means "copy into this directory."

If your login times out, due to not using the XDK for an extended period of time (this usually takes a week or more), or you logout of the XDK, you may have to use this procedure again.

To create an account outside of the Intel XDK, goto https://software.intel.com/registration and follow the prompts.

Following is the same procedure, with some images included, for detail:

  • Close the Intel XDK.
  • Make sure your system date and time is correct.
  • Open a new tab in your Chrome browser (must be Chrome version 55 or later).
  • Type https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/ into your Chrome browser.
  • If you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, skip the next step, otherwise...
     
  • Sign into the Chrome browser login page using your Intel XDK login username and password credentials.

     
  • When you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, continue...

     
  • Copy this file: "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies"
    to this folder:   "%LocalAppData%\XDK\User Data\Default"
    (note there are spaces in the paths, so the double-quote characters are required!)
  • After the copy, restart the Intel XDK and you should now be logged in.

I have not customized the install directory.

It worked for me, Thanks.

I did this last method and it finally worked.
Now I can work on my projects.

Hello,
Today i tried to build my app but i can't get to log in (i tried with 3 different computers), and so i can't build.
Is the build server of Intel XDK offline ?
Does someone know when it will become available ?

Thanks.

last method also worked for me

Quote:

KAMARULZAMAN H. wrote:

Hello,
Today i tried to build my app but i can't get to log in (i tried with 3 different computers), and so i can't build.
Is the build server of Intel XDK offline ?
Does someone know when it will become available ?

Thanks.

read the workaround

I have just installed XDK 3900 but it does not work. I have the same problem as described above. Please help! What should I do?

By the way, I use Windows 7.

I have done as Paul F. (Intel)  Fri, 03/17/2017 - 12:40 and  Eduardo E. Fri, 03/17/2017 - 15:16 have recommended., i.e. Copy this file: "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies"
to this folder:   "%LocalAppData%\XDK\User Data\Default"
(note there are spaces in the paths, so the double-quote characters are required!)

 

But still it does not work for me. I cannot login XDK to proceed! By the way, this is my first experience using this software. I use Visual Studio Code, and there is no problem like this.

Quote:

Artur G. wrote:

I have done as Paul F. (Intel)  Fri, 03/17/2017 - 12:40 and  Eduardo E. Fri, 03/17/2017 - 15:16 have recommended., i.e. Copy this file: "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies"
to this folder:   "%LocalAppData%\XDK\User Data\Default"
(note there are spaces in the paths, so the double-quote characters are required!)

But still it does not work for me. I cannot login XDK to proceed! By the way, this is my first experience using this software. I use Visual Studio Code, and there is no problem like this.

Did these steps succeed?

Quote:

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

  • Close the Intel XDK.
  • Open a new tab in your Chrome browser (must be Chrome version 55 or later).
  • Type https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/ into your Chrome browser.
  • If you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, skip the next step, otherwise...
  • Sign into the Chrome browser login page using your Intel XDK login username and password credentials.
  • When you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, continue...

If the above steps worked, then you probably are not copying the "Cookies" file properly. Please try again.

The workaround works for me. What is the ETA on the actual fix?

It worked for me, Thanks.

The workaround worked for me. However, I had to sign-in to the Intel site using my default account for Chrome (I have two profiles) before copying and pasting the Cookies file.

The last method of copying the cookies worked... What's up with that?

Copying the cookies worked. Hoping this issue will be solved soon.

This worked for me. Thank you.

I've done as was recommended. In the result, I have received the message mentioned:

Thank you for using the Intel® XDK.

If you are accessing this service from AppPreview, you may close the sign in window.

Again, I've copied the file: "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies"
to this folder:   "%LocalAppData%\XDK\User Data\Default".
Now, when trying to enter XDK, a new window is opened "NW.js". So, what should I do then?

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/jpeg 1.jpg58 KB
Downloadimage/jpeg 2.jpg36.07 KB

Artur -- do you also see a standard XDK window? Or just that NW window? I recommend doing the following:

  • exit the XDK
  • open a command prompt window (terminal)
  • at the open command prompt, type the following commands:
    > cd %LocalAppData%\XDK
    > copy global-settings.xdk %UserProfile%\global-settings.old.xdk
    > copy "User Data\Default\global-settings.xdk" %UserProfile%\global-settings.new.xdk
    > rd /s /q *.*
    > copy %UserProfile%\global-settings.*
    > copy global-settings.old.xdk global-settings.xdk
  • start the XDK (it will likely not login)
  • exit the XDK
  • copy the Cookies file according to the workaround instructions
  • start the XDK

Let me know if that works.

This bug affected me too. The workaround works fine for me.

During my app testing I had to change the system time, and this is exactly what caused the problem.

Maybe that will help you with the bug fix?

Thanks

Quote:

Robert T. wrote:

This bug affected me too. The workaround works fine for me.

During my app testing I had to change the system time, and this is exactly what caused the problem.

Maybe that will help you with the bug fix?

Interesting observation! How far off was your system clock?

Paul, to be honest, I am getting upset about this situation. It's about several days I have this problem and cannot use this software to start my educational course for HTML5.

The copy&pase option does not work in my command prompt window (terminal). I cannot type all the instructions which you wrote because of the inconvenience. Do you have any other, optimal solution to this problem? I am fed up and want to have a precise and well-though, a single solution to this problem!!! Otherwise,  have to cancel ... too much time and nerves are spent on errors of your software.

Artur -- what is the course you are trying to use? If you are using the edx course it does not require the XDK. Using the standalone Brackets editor is sufficient to go through that course.

There is no other workaround, only the one we provided in this thread. Make sure your system date and time is correct. You should not have to type anything, copy and paste the command-line options, they will work exactly as typed into the post. The workaround instructions are precise, if you are having trouble following the instructions it would help if you recorded your process of walking through the steps to help me understand where the confusion is so I can improve the instructions.

Nothing work.

First time trying to use XDK, my OS is Windows 7.

thanks very help

Hello,

I have the problem as well when my computer is not connected to the internet.  I have a workaround that is quite ugly at the moment but waiting for the official fix
​Question though, why do we need to be logged in constantly?  Reason I am asking is that I travel quite a bit and often do not have a connection and it creates havoc on the xdk stability.  Since all the work is done local, is there a reason why we're going the login/server ping?

Thank you, Gregory

 

 

Thanks. It worked!

Quote:

Gregory M. wrote:

Question though, why do we need to be logged in constantly?  Reason I am asking is that I travel quite a bit and often do not have a connection and it creates havoc on the xdk stability.  Since all the work is done local, is there a reason why we're going the login/server ping?

In general, the only thing you need the login for is use of the Build tab (other than the new PhoneGap/Cordova export feature) and the Test tab (to push/pull your app into App Preview). The other features of the XDK do not require login to work.

Quote:

Bunthit W. wrote:

Nothing work.

First time trying to use XDK, my OS is Windows 7.

Please follow the workaround instructions carefully.

Pages

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today