Eclipse toolchain integration guide

Eclipse toolchain integration guide

Hello,

I have been able to boot the live CD as a VirtualBox VM, connect to target, use Eclipse to cross compile and run output on target, etc. However, what are the steps if one wants to setup an Eclipse dev environment from scratch? I haven't found Galileo documents covering this from start to finish. There are hints here and there but haven't a found a guide that steps through setup of Eclipse dev environment specifically. 

Thanks,

Jay

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quote:

jay07920 (Intel) wrote:

[...] what are the steps if one wants to setup an Eclipse dev environment from scratch? I haven't found Galileo documents covering this from start to finish. [...]

Hi Jay,

I doubt there is any such documentation available. Pls use the provided Eclipse environment.

Cheers,
Matthias

Hello Jay,

Can you share how did you manage to boot  the live CD to VirtualBox ? Just steps you can mention it will be very helpful.Thanks

Abhishek Nandy

Quote:

Abhishek 81 wrote:

Hello Jay,

Can you share how did you manage to boot  the live CD to VirtualBox ? Just steps you can mention it will be very helpful.Thanks

@live CD: I guess you mean the LiveImage?

On which OS do you run the VirtualBox?

Quote:

Abhishek 81 wrote:

I guess you have checked the descriptions on http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/506757 ?
I.E. at least on a Linux box you can easily convert by e.g. either using

vboxmanage convertfromraw

or

qemu-img convert

Alternative to what is described in the other thread:
If you want a VirtualBox image you could also convert directly to VDI rather than VMDK

In addition: after converting to a virtual format you could e.g. resize the virtual disk

vboxmanage modifyhd <virtual image file> --resize <new size in MB>

If you do so you'd have to afterwards resize the 2nd partition of the virtual disk. I tested this for VirtualBox on Windows host:

1. add a Linux live image iso file in the virtual CD drive (I used knoppix - but take whatever flavor you prefer)
  2. boot from that live image in your VM
  3. resize 2nd partition (I used gparted - alternatively use resize2fs on console)

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today