reboot hangs

reboot hangs

Has anyone else experienced a reboot on hang with FULL yocto image?  I'm unable to properly reboot the machine.

[336703.394864] Restarting system.

[336703.398059] reboot: machine restart

Then hangs indefinitely..  Need to remove power cable to reboot.  Any ideas how to fix this?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Gary,

this is a known issue with the current image which will be fixed with the next version currently worked on (devkit-next branch on Yocto meta-intel-iot-devkit). 

one more: if you plan to move to "devkit-next" you should also upgrade your firmware to 1.0.x version which you can access from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23197 - otherwise your ethernet won't work (and maybe other things as well)

When do we expect the next release to be out? I'm currently running 782 firmware.  I'm unable to build from a repo and have all the necassary packages to enable networking.  I filed another post on this yesterday.  Basically git repo is not able to build what you create for the full image. Not sure why this is so.. If I download the SSTATE download and then build those bits networking is enabled.  I looked at the config.gz between the git repo version and the SSTATE version of source.  They differ quite allot..  I would think that should not be the case.  Maybe the default branch is my problem.. What branch should I use to match the SSTATE download sources?

Hi Gary,

I think you're a little confused. What we distribute is not git HEAD, it's git branch devkit-mwc. Please use that if you want to recreate our binaries. This is the source from which sstate & repo packages are created. *nothing* else is supported nor are any other binaries shipped by Intel.

Quote:

Gary C. wrote:
I'm currently running 782 firmware.  I'm unable to build from a repo and have all the necassary packages to enable networking.  I filed another post on this yesterday.

You need 1.0.0 firmware as Matthias & Tom have pointed out to you. This is due to commit 04e9bcfd87f767b64e6ccc1724002509498da90b which moved our kernel in line with the 1.0.0 meta-clanton-bsp.

Quote:

Gary C. wrote:
What branch should I use to match the SSTATE download sources?

devkit-mwc is the correct branch

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today