Graphics Library

Graphics Library

Hi,

Reading the rules, you say that the game should support Intel Graphics cards with DirectX...

Is it possible to code the graphics by use of OpenGL making it more easy to port to LINUX Steam, too?

Cheers

Alex

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I would also like to know the answer to this question. I would rather code my game using OpenGL rather than Direct X. Hopefully an Intel rep will be able to pop in and answer this.

Hey guys,

Great question - and here is an "official" response :)

Intel 3rd Gen Core w/ HD Graphics 4000 supports up to:

• DX11.1
  • OGL 4.1

So if you program up your game demo to those graphics API specs, you should be fine.  I would HIGHLY encourage you to test/QA your demo on a real piece of hardware instead of extrapolating from a big dev box or gaming rig.  That might mean if you don't have an "Ivybridge" Ultrabook finding a friend or relative who has one to test out your demo on.

Cheers!

Mitch

The Samsung Ultrabook Series 9 with an Intel Core i5 is quite close to your hardware requirements, isn't it?

Quote:

alexander-wessling wrote:

The Samsung Ultrabook Series 9 with an Intel Core i5 is quite close to your hardware requirements, isn't it?

Yes, from a graphics perspective it will be very similar (same processor 3rd Gen Core i5 w/ HD Graphics 4000) .

~Mitch

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today