How to set postfix for barcode scans?

How to set postfix for barcode scans?

Hi all, I have a tablet with a barcode scanner, and I am needing to set a postfix [enterkey] on any barcode scans. I searched the forum here and saw a previous post mention that a prefix
and postfix setting was possible, but I do not see any options for this
in the config editor. Does anyone know if this is possible or how to
set this up?

This tablet has Intel MCA Platform Driver, version 2.3.0 build 30685. I open the MCA Configuration Editor from Start > Programs > Intel > MCA PLatform Driver.

Thanks,
Karen

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Best Reply

Hi karenranee,

You can manually configure the barcode prefix or postfix in the IntelHealthcare.cfg. By default, this file is located in the directly c:\program files\intel\mca\bin and can be edited using a text editor like Notepad. Here are the line in the config file you are looking for:

/Intel/HealthcareSDK/ToolTray/DefaultHandler/BarcodeDefaultHandler.dll/BC-BarcodePrefix =

/Intel/HealthcareSDK/ToolTray/DefaultHandler/BarcodeDefaultHandler.dll/BC-BarcodePostfix =

I would also encourage you to take a look at the MCA Developers Guide which covers the topic pretty well.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

Thanks so much for your help; I had not heard of MCA before this week, so this is all new to me. I downloaded the MCA SDK Developer Guide, and I was able to easily find the barcode postfix line in the cfg file. I now have the postfix working great on the tablet!

Thanks again,
Karen

Steve,

I am having the same issue but the value I enter does not work. Can you please give me the actual value for 'enter'.

regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

For a list of the control codes (i.e. {CONTROL}+x) see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII#ASCII_control_characters

For a list of the Windows virtual key (VKxxx) codes see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms927178.aspx . Please note that the tables on that page specify the values in hex while the MCA config file requires values to be specified in decimal.

Thanks,

Steve

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today