SDK 2.0 Example BarcodeDemo fails while BarcodeDemoNet works

SDK 2.0 Example BarcodeDemo fails while BarcodeDemoNet works

I have used the config editor to add a couple of bar code values. When I run BarcodeDemoNet, the values are shown when I press the Scan button. When I run BarcodeDemo, I get a timeout and this message:

Barcode scan started
MCA SDK returned error -130: No barcode was received within the specified wait i
nterval.

What should I do?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi qatest-sc11.5,

Are you running the demo programs on a development system with the MCA SDK installed, or are you running them on an MCA tablet that has the MCA platofrm driver installed?

Thanks,
Steve

Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi qatest-sc11.5,

Are you running the demo programs on a development system with the MCA SDK installed, or are you running them on an MCA tablet that has the MCA platofrm driver installed?

Thanks,
Steve

I installed the SDK on a Vista Ultimate dev system.

Hi qatest-sc11.5,

That explains what is happening. BarcodeDemo is trying to read the value from a physical barcode reader. If you run it on an MCA tablet it will run correctly, but on a development system you will get the timeout message you described.

Thanks,
Steve

Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi qatest-sc11.5,

That explains what is happening. BarcodeDemo is trying to read the value from a physical barcode reader. If you run it on an MCA tablet it will run correctly, but on a development system you will get the timeout message you described.

Thanks,
Steve

I don't understand why the non-.NET program does not use the loopback. For instance, RfidDemo.exe works, as does the RfidDemoNet.exe, even though there is no RFID reader on my dev machine.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today