Error to test RfidDefaultHandler DHDK example

Error to test RfidDefaultHandler DHDK example

Hello
I am trying to test the RfidDefaultHandler example provided by DHDK.
It is built fine (the dll is generated correctly) with my Visual Studio 2008 C++ and Net framework 2.0

The next thing I do iscopy the Release version of RfidDefaultHandler.dll in bin directory of MCA installed root (previously saving the original RfidDefaultHandler.dll in another directory) and click in "Reload MCA Application Configuration" in MCA Configuration Editor.

When I press Shift + F2 to test the RFID default handler, "No tag found" is displayed in the windows instead of the Tag UID set in RFID Tag[0] in RFID Loopback Plug-in

If I restore the original RfidDefaultHandler.dll, the Tag UID is displayed correctly

Content of the file MCA.log:

R [2009-02-16 11:56:20.287] {S0-P2544-T2536} [PCF] Loaded {Rfid Loopback Device}. Plugin Version {2.0.1.26163}, Driver Version {1.0}, Firmware Version {1.1}.
E [2009-02-16 11:56:20.318] {S0-P2544-T2536} [RfidDefaultHandler.dll] Tag cannot be found in the specified time
E [2009-02-16 11:56:20.334] {S0-P2544-T2536} [TTA] Error from DefaultHandler HandleButton:;DATA#-3
E [2009-02-16 11:56:20.365] {S0-P2544-T2536} [TTA] Error from mBtnHandMgr.HandleButton: ;DATA#-44

Thank you very much for your help

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi rmunozat4,

This is occurring because the default handler you developed is not running in loopback mode. Let me check with our developers to see if there is some way you can test this without actually having MCA hardware tablet.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi rmunozat4

We have done some testing here and it looks like the issue may be because you are using Visual Studio 2008. In our test, the code failed to link in VS2008 with the shipped .lib files due to difference in run-time libraries. We tried again using Visual Studio 2005 with SP1 and it worked great. We think this might be due to incompatibility of TTA and RFID binaries. TTA might have failed to load the RFID default handler DLL built with VS2008.

Can you try it with Visual Studio 2005 and see if that works for you?

We eventually plan to support VS2008 but do not at this time.

Thanks,
Steve

Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi rmunozat4

We have done some testing here and it looks like the issue may be because you are using Visual Studio 2008. In our test, the code failed to link in VS2008 with the shipped .lib files due to difference in run-time libraries. We tried again using Visual Studio 2005 with SP1 and it worked great. We think this might be due to incompatibility of TTA and RFID binaries. TTA might have failed to load the RFID default handler DLL built with VS2008.

Can you try it with Visual Studio 2005 and see if that works for you?

We eventually plan to support VS2008 but do not at this time.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steven
OK, Iwill try to compile with Visual Studio 2005 with SP1
When it is ready, I will tell you the result

Thanks,
Raul

Quoting - rmunozat4

Hi Steven
OK, Iwill try to compile with Visual Studio 2005 with SP1
When it is ready, I will tell you the result

Thanks,
Raul

Hi Raul,
My name is Rupesh Shah. I wondered if you got to try compling with VS 2005 SP1 and saw the result. Also any chance we know when this will be supported in VS 2008?
Thank you, fashion for every one korean wholesale fashion and movie entertainment phim han quoc and movie phim online and other fashion like korean wholesale fashion for models

Hi Rupesh,

No date yet annouced for support for VS 2008, but we are looking at it now.

-Steve

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today