problem rfid reading

problem rfid reading

Hi,

I have a problem with my rfid reader on my C5...for every rfid tag I read, the software display "B10CDAT01234 This is the Data0 portion" as rfid data...whatever the tag I am reading...and the tag ID is always the same : "E05631AC56BD0000"...what's happend?
Thank you very much

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

Actually I read the documentation concerning the MCA SDK with .NET v1.1, and it is written :

* The MCA SDK runs only in loopback mode.
* The MCA SDK should only be installed on a developer workstation only. It should not be installed on an OEM MCA platform like the Motion C5 tablet.

So, I now understand why I always had the same datas...so, now my questions are:
-Can I install this SDK on my personnal laptop on Vista?If yes, how will I able to test the Rfid Reader?
-How to get out from this loopback mode?

Thank you very much for your help

Hi Thomas750,

The MCA SDK software should not be installed on the Motion C5. The Motion C5 uses what is called the MCA Platform Driver (PD). The difference between the MCA SDK and the MCA PD is that the MCA SDK only runs in loopback mode (no physical device support), where as the MCA PD supports the actual physical devices installed (camera, RFID, barcode). The idea is that you develop your software application on a development workstation with the MCA SDK installed, and then when you install your software on the the Motion C5 your software will work without having to customize your software to work with the specific physical devices that Motion uses for the RFID, camera, and barcode hardware.

Yes, you can install the MCA SDK on your laptop and use it for development. However, you will only be able to use the loopback interfaces because this is how it is designed. To use actual hardware, you need to use a system that has the MCA Platform Driver installed.

Also, please make sure you uninstall all the MCA SDK software from the Motion C5, and reinstall the MCA Platform Driver back onto the Motion C5. You can get this from the Motion Computing website at:

http://www.motioncomputing.com/support/driver_download_c5.asp

They call the MCA Platform Driver software "Medical Clinical Assistant Software" on their web site.

Thanks,
Steve

Ok, thank you very much for your answer, but when you say "then when you install your software on the the Motion C5", how can I install my software, because actually when I will devellop, Visual Studio will just generate me an .exe...so you told me that I will just need to put the .exe I will create on the laptop, onto the C5...?
So, for example, can I put the example in the SDK, RfidDemoNet.exe and put it on the C5?
if yes, will it work without the loopback mode?

Thank you

Hi Thomas750

Yes, that is exactly how it works. If you copy the MCA SDK sample application RfidDemoNet.exe to a Motion C5 and run it, the application will actually read the data from the RFID tag readerinstead of the loopback.

Just make sure if you do this that the version of the MCA platform driver is the same or newer than the version of the MCA SDK sample you are copying over. For example, if the MCA SDK you have is v1.11, make sure the MCA Platform driver installed on the Motion C5 is v1.11 or later.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi,

Thank you for your help.
So I tried what you told me, actually I have the MCA platform driver v1.0 on the C5 and I have installed the MCA SDK v1.0 on my laptop, and when I put the RfidDemoNet.exe on the C5 and I try to run it, I have always have a mesage windows :
"RfidDemoGUI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
So, it is always the same thing, even if I launch the .exe that I have generate with the programme in the CSharp example, RfidDemoNET...
What can I do?
Thank you very much

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

This is the error message you will get if you try to run RfidDemoNet.exe from MCA SDK v1.11 on the C5 running the MCA Platform Driver v1.0. I just tested this in my lab and duplicated it.

As I mentioned before, you need to use the RfidDemoNet.exe sample program from MCA SDK v1.0 on and Motion C5 running the MCA platform driver v1.0. If you want to use applications from the MCA SDK v1.11, then you need a C5 running MCA PD v1.11. You should update both the MCA SDK and MCA PD to v1.11 if you have not already done so.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi,

Thnak you for the response, but what I do not understand is that I have put the RfidDemoNet.exe from the MCA SDK v1.0 and I put it on the the C5 with the platform driver v1.0...and I had this error message...that is why I have put a message on the forum...

Hi Thomas,

I suspect it is because you have mixed versions of the MCA PD and MCA SDK. It could als0 be a problem caused by installing the MCA SDK onto the C5 which already had the MCA PD installed on it. My suggestion is to unistall all of the MCA software you have on the C5 (both MCA SDK and MCA PD), reboot the C5, and then reinstall the MCA PD v1.11 from the Motion Computing web site. That way you will know for sure that everything was cleaned off correctly from the dual install.

On your development PC, I would also recommend the same thing. Uninstall the MCA SDK software, reboot, and reinstall the MCA SDK v1.11 software.

If you do both of these things it will work for you.

-Steve

Hi,

Thank you, but I am sur I have done the right operation...but what is strange is that the file RfidDemoNET.exe in the Bin folder (which is create when I installed the MCA SDK v1.1) has a file version = 1.0.0.0
So that is why maybe it doesn't work...but in that case, how can I do to have the file version 1.1 of the RfidDemoNET.exe?
Because I have now the v1.1 of the MCA PD.
Thank you

Hi Thomas,

Because RfidDemoNet.exe is just a code sample, there is no version control implemented on it. So the version informationof the program from both MCA SDK v1.0 and MCA SDK v1.11 will show a file version of 1.0 under windows file information. However, they are different and compiled to run on the version of MCA software they are included with.

There is a way to tell the difference. For MCA SDK v1.0, the file size is 24K for RfidDemoNet.exe. For MCA SDK v1.11, the file size is 28K. Granted, this is not the best way to do this, but at least it is a way to tell the difference.

If you are still struggling to get it working, I would recommend again that you uninstall the MCA software on both the C5 and your development workstation, reboot, and then reinstall v1.11 on both.

Thanks,

Steve

Ok, thank you, so I would like to know what is the .NET version I need to have on the C5, in order to make the .exe works?
Thank you very much

Hi,

Actually I have no more problem when I lauch the RfidDemoNET.exe v1.1 on the C5 with the PD v1.1...except that it is in loopback mode, even on the C5 without the SDK on it, as you told me...so I don't understand, how to do to launch the .exe on the C5 and that the .exe read the tag I put in front of the reader and not always the same thing...?
Thank you

Hi Scott,

Microsoft.NET 2.0 is required for the MCA software. It is installed on the Motion C5 on the factory image by default. So if it is not installed on your Motion C5, someone has manually uninstalled it.

If the RfidDemoNet.exe program is getting the loopback info, them you are running it on a system that had the MCA SDK installed. That is the only way for it to get the loopback info. Therefore, if you are running it on the C5 and getting the loopback info, it would appear that you still have the MCA SDK installed on the C5 which is a problem.

I have tested the RfidDemoNet.exe program multiple times overthe past few days and find that it worksas expected on the hardware we have in our lab. It always gets loopback info when installed on a workstation that has the MCA SDK, and it always reads the physical RFID tag when installed on a Motion C5.

It really sound like to me you have problems with the MCA software installed on the C5. As I mentioned before, I recommend that you remove all the MCA software installed on the C5, reboot, and then reinstall the MCA PD v1.11. However, if the .Net software is also missing from you Motion C5, I am concerned that there may be other missing or misconfigured components in which case I would recommend you restore the factory operating system image onto your Motion C5 so that you have all the correct software and configuration.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

OK, it Works!!
I installed and uninstalled everything, everywhere!
Thank you for your help!!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today