Cannot read barcode

Cannot read barcode

I am using the Motion C5 and am able to read some barcodes, but not barcode samples that I am printing. I have attached some samples of the barcodes that are not working. Can you please take a look and let me know what to do?

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/zip barcodesamples.zip9.38 KB
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The sample barcodes are being created with TrueType fonts for Windows which is not a recommend method for generating barcodes. We suggest using a barcode generating program like B-Coder or Bartender.

The problem with using TrueType fonts to generate barcodes is that it prints the character as the equivalent in the barcode format which does not take into account the start and stop characters. For Code39 barcodes it is typically a *. For Code128, the start/stop varies depending on which character set is used for encoding. Code 128 also uses a check digit, this is not being created by TrueType font printed barcodes. When you use TrueType fonts to create a barcode of say 1234, you will get the characters 1234 printed to look like a barcode but it is missing important parts of the barcodes that will actually make it work.

Thanks,
Steve

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today