C5 Barcode Scan

C5 Barcode Scan

Stupid question, but how does one perform a barcode scan using the C5. I tried scanning a code 39 barcode, downloaded from the web and it will not take after physically pressing the barcode button on the C5, it just times out. As I understand, code 39 is an out of the box bar code for the C5. Can anyone tell me what I maybe doing wrong.

-Clifton

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Clifton,

Two things to check:

1. Make sure that the bar scan is enabled on the Motion C5. From the Motion Dashboard software, make sure the box is checked that says "Enable Bar Code Scanner"

2. In the MCA configuration file, make the barcode scan type for code 39 is enabled. Look for this line in the MCA configuration file:

/Intel/HealthcareSDK/ToolTray/ButtonHandler/ButtonHandler.dll/BC-ScanTypes =

The value to enable code 39 barcodes is 100 as noted in the text just above this line in the MCA configuration file. So the barcode scan type line should look something like this:

/Intel/HealthcareSDK/ToolTray/ButtonHandler/ButtonHandler.dll/BC-ScanTypes = 100, 300, 500, 900, 1200, 2400, 3000, 3100, 5200

Where the value of 100 is enabling code 39 barcodes.

If it still does not work after checking these items, please attach a file to this thread (in the options tab at the top of thread) with the barcode that is not working and I'll give a try here.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

My configuration file was fine however the bar code was not enabled in the Motion Dashboard. After enabling the bar code feature, I still got the same results. I have attached several bar code fonts that I am using for this test in a zip.

Thanks,

Clifton

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/zip C5Barcodes.zip9.38 KB

Thanks Clifton. We'll take a look at these and let you know what we find.

-Steve

Hi Clifton,

We have been able to duplicate the problem. As I
mentioned before, the MCA does support code 39 barcodes but it appears there
seems to be somethingwith thefont used in the samples you sent us that are not
able to be read by the Intermec barcode scanner hardware used in the Motion C5.
If the Intermec hardware cannot read the barcode, then the MCA softwaresimply
does not get the data from the hardware. We also tested with the Intermec
software EasySet (to eliminate the MCA software) to see if wecould adjust the
barcode settings, but we have not been successfulwith changingany of the
obvious setting in the Intermec configuration to get it to read the
barcode.

We will continue to investigate this because we are
interested infinding a solution. But in the meantime you may want tocontact
Intermec with your sample to see if they have a suggestion for
you.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Steve. I'll see what I can find out on my end, please keep us posted on any new findings.

-Clifton

Hi Clifton,

As you probably know, Motion Computing was able to figure how to resolve the issue. I am posting the info here as well in case others on the forum run into the issue. The Motion C5 was able to scan the barcodes created using the 3 fonts as long as the check digit requirement is removed from the Motion C5 barcode scanner. See Link below on the Motion Computing web site for details.

http://www.motioncomputing.com/kb/article.aspx?id=10305&cNode=0W4F7V

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

You beat me to the punch I was going to post that info as well. There is one other thing though, to restore the check value you will need to scan the bar code attached to this post.

-Clifton

Attachments: 

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today