Does MCA current PDK support double-bye feature?

Does MCA current PDK support double-bye feature?

Hi, Steven:

I am glad to hear that MCA SDK has a new release (MCA SDK 1.1)and there are more new features.

According to your former post, I knew that double-bye enabled feature had been added into MCA SDK 1.1. I wonder two question about this new feature as the following:

1) Using double-bye enabled feature, could I make MCA application support Asian language, such as Chinese? And I also want to know where MCA SDK 1.1 support MCA application? Only application UI? Or message/text content?

2) Because of the difference between MCA SDK and MCA PDK, I wonder whether current MCA PDK (such as PDK installed in Motion C5) could support deployed MCA application with double-byte feature, which is developed by MCA SDK 1.1? In fact, ISV has developed MCA application with Chinese language using MCA SDK 1.1, so I want to know whether this application could run sucessfully on Motion C5 machine?

I am looking forward to your answer, and I think it will be so helpful for my work. Thanks for your kind help.

Best Regards

Kevin

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Kevin,

1. Yes, the double-byte enabled feature will allow support for Asian languages. The MCA SDK is double-bye enabled for development, but the user messages would be English only. The MCA Platform Driver is fully enabledfor the application, messages, and all the text the end user would see could be localized.

2. Yes, applications developedusing the MCA SDK 1.1 will runonhardware like the Motion C5 if it is running the MCA Platform Driver 1.1. The entire purpose of the SDK is to allow application development that will fully run on the Platform Driver.

-Steve

Hi, Steve:

Thanks very much for your detail answers. I also need your more answers about my following questions:

1) How can I check the PDK version in my Motion C5 machine? How can I confirm whether the version is 1.1?

1)Is there any compatible issue when deploying the MCA application developed by MCA SDK 1.1 into MCA PDK 1.0 such as my current motion C5 machine? Must we need keep the same version between MCA SDK in development and MCA PDK in MCA machine?

2) Do you think we could not enable Chinese localized feacture on C5 machine with PDK 1.1?

3) If the anwer about question 2 is No, I also wonder whether we could upgrade PDK from current low version into the newest version (PDK 1.1) by ourself, not by OEM? If it works, how can we upgrade?

Thanks for your kind reply.

B. R.

Kevin

Hi Kevin

To check the MCA Platform Driver on your C5, just right click on the MCA Tool Tray icon and select about. It should show the version of several components, but all starting with 1.0.0.xxx which means you have version 1.0.

Motion is in the process now of validating the MCA Platform Driver v1.1 and should release it soon. I do not have an exact date so you may have to contact them directly to get the release date.

Older applications will always work on new version of MCA (at least that is the goal). For example, applications written for v1.0 of the MCA will work on v1.1 of the MCA. However, the reverse is not true. Applications written for MCA v1.1 will not always function correctly on MCA 1.0. This is unfortunately the reality of addingnew features and functionality to the MCA software.

From an MCA perspective, you can enable Chinese localized feature on C5 machine that is using MCA Platform Driver v1.1. There may be other C5 software to consider that is not capable, but you would have to check with Motion to confirm.

-Steve

Hi, Steven:

I also want to know whoprovides the MCA Platform Driver for MCA machine? Intel or OEM? If Intel is, where can I get the MCA PDK 1.1? And could I update my Motion C5 machine from MCA PDK 1.0 to 1.1 by myself? If OEM is, shall I contact with Motion to upgrade my current MCA PDK from 1.0 to 1.1? My meant that different OEMs supply different MCA PDK driver becuase of different MCA machine, doesn't it? Is OEM the only place where I can get the suitable updating MCA PDK?

Your help is very important to my project. I am also looking forward to your detail explain of my above questions. Thanks again.

B. R.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Intel builds the MCA platform driver for the Motion C5. Once completed at Intel,the platform driveris released to Motion. Motion then integratesthe platform driverinto their software build and performs their own validation exercises on it. Once Motion has completed their validation, they will release the MCA platform driver for the C5 and post it on their web site below as the "Medical Clinical Assistant Software".

http://www.motioncomputing.com/support/driver_download_c5.asp

Once Motion releases the MCA platform driver v1.1, you can download it from their website and install it on your C5. The process is pretty simple and it is like installing any other software under Windows.

Currently, the Motion C5 is the only MCA hardware platform shipping. But to answer your question, every MCA hardware manufacturer will have a slightly different version of the MCA platform driver due to the specific hardware they use. So you could not install the Motion C5 platform driver onto another manufacturers hardware and expect it to work completely.

-Steve

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today