MCA SDK only runs in loopback mode

MCA SDK only runs in loopback mode

I have downloaded the MCA SDK and installed it on my computer. It seems to have installed and runs as expected. However, no matter whatI try to test(buttons, barcode scan, RFID scan, etc.) the return values always come back the same. I assume this is because by defaultthe SDKruns in loopback mode.

Is there any way run the SDK so it is not in loopback mode?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Yes, you must install the MCA Platform Driver on a valid MCA Tablet. This will allow access to the real devices such as Rfid, Barcode, Camera etc.

The Intel MCA SDK was intentionally designed so that the loopback plug-ins (used for testing) and the actual peripheral plug-ins (installed on the OEMs MCA product) would interact with the core in exactly the same way. This makes it possible for application developers to code their application on their development workstation and have it run exactly the way they designed it when it is finally loaded onto an OEMs MCA product. Consequently, if an application has been tested and compiled against the MCA SDK, there is no need to do additional code work when the application developer is ready to port the application to the final product.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today