Intel Atom Pipeline Stages

Intel Atom Pipeline Stages

Hello,

I am a student, and I am interested in an in-depth analysis of the Intel Atom pipeline. I know it has 16 stages, and have read why there are 3 in fetch and 3 in decode, but I have not yet been able to find out, precisely, what the other 9 stages do. I've read all of the microarchitecture documentation on the Atom website, but nothing really answered this question. If anyone could help me out or just point me at some documentation I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brian

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - brianlandsberger

Hello,

I am a student, and I am interested in an in-depth analysis of the Intel Atom pipeline. I know it has 16 stages, and have read why there are 3 in fetch and 3 in decode, but I have not yet been able to find out, precisely, what the other 9 stages do. I've read all of the microarchitecture documentation on the Atom website, but nothing really answered this question. If anyone could help me out or just point me at some documentation I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

You can find additional information in the Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manuals:
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/index.htm. The Volume 1 has the Basic Architecture.

-Thai

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today