Im happy to announce that Intel has released the new Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 Beta with some major features like OpenCL 1.2 support for CPU device, Windows 8* support, and new development and debugging tools.
Supported by the new Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8*, this Beta SDK allows OpenCL 1.2 API preview support on Intel CPUs mixed with the production OpenCL 1.1 support on Intel HD Graphics. For Linux* developers on Intel CPU we have posted new package that not only support OpenCL 1.2 but also provide GNU Debugger (GDB) full debugging support.
So what else is new with this SDK?
- Platform Mixed version support on the 3rd Generation Intel Core processor family with Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500 on Windows* operating systems.
- Platform version (CL_PLATFORM_VERSION) OpenCL 1.2
- CPU device version (CL_DEVICE_VERSION) OpenCL 1.2
- Intel HD Graphics device version (CL_DEVICE_VERSION) OpenCL 1.1
- Performance improvements for many OpenCL kernels running on CPU.
- Preview Tool: Kernel Builder standalone developer tool now integrated with the Intel SDK for OpenCL offline compiler and support Kernel analyzing view that enables building OpenCL* kernels and getting kernel execution time across both CPU and the Intel HD Graphics.
- GNU Debugger (GDB) full debugging support.
- Preview Feature: The SDK supports the kernel source code hotspots analysis with the Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 update 3 or higher.
- CPU only runtime package for Linux* operating systems
The list above is just a sample of what is available with this new beta SDK.
It is time to say thank you for participating in this forum and inspiring us with your feedback and requests that help us to add those features to the product that you need most. Please continue doing so.
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter at @IntelOpenCL