We are excited to announce the release of the new Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013. The new SDK is a comprehensive software development environment for OpenCL applications on the 3rd and the future 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, which support OpenCL 1.2 on Windows 7* and Windows 8* operating systems. The new Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8*, this SDK allows OpenCL 1.2 API support on Intel CPUs mixed with the production OpenCL 1.2 support on Intel HD Graphics.
So what else is new with this SDK and driver?
- Support for future 4th Generation Intel Core Processors.
- OpenCL* 1.2 compliant for both 3rd and future 4th generation Intel Core Processors across both CPU and Intel® HD Graphics with Intel® HD Driver version 15.31.3071 or higher.
- Windows 8* Operating System Support, 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Support in dual adapter mode on Windows* 8: enables OpenCL workloads to be accelerated on Intel HD Graphics when the device is not directly connected to a display and fully enabled running Intel driver.
- Interoperability with the latest Intel’s SDKs for visual computing applications:
- Intel® Media SDK 2013
- Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK 2013
- Feature rich developer tools:
- Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio* 2012
- New standalone Kernel Builder tool with
- Full support for both Intel HD Graphics and CPUs
- Dynamic performance analysis of OpenCL kernels
- Offline Compilation with LLVM* IR code generation
- Support for new OpenCL 1.2* features like compile and link of OpenCL programs
- Tracing of OpenCL commands on Intel® HD Graphics with Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers 2013
- OpenCL support with Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2011 Update 4 or higher
- Preview feature: Intel® HD Graphics OpenCL profiling
- OpenCL Kernel Source Code Hotspots Analysis on the CPU
On top of the above list of features the SDK also includes several performance improvements running kernels of CPU and GPU devices.
Thank you for participating in this forum and inspiring us with your feedback and requests that help us add features to the product that you need most. Please continue doing so.
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter at @IntelOpenCL.
Download the SDK here.