Compiling older IPP samples with beta

Compiling older IPP samples with beta

Hi,

I need some help to compile the UMC samples from older IPP release samples, I want to comile them with Beta 2011 Composer, but there seems to be a a different file set with the beta release "ippsr.h" is missing here.

how can I work around it?

Regards,
Tamer

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Tamer,

The SR header is missing because the Speech Recognition domain has been removed from the 7.0 release of IPP, which is included as part of the Parallel Studio beta (IPP 7.0 beta is included with that distribution).

I recommend that you use a 6.1.x version of IPP with Parallel Studio beta, not the version of IPP that was installed with the beta. You will need to install that 6.1 version of IPP separately (standalone) and then configure your Visual Studio project files to point to that standalone version of IPP. This means you should deselect the "use IPP" buttons in the Parallel Studio configuration panels (make Parallel Studio think you are NOT using IPP) and manually insert the IPP include file directories and IPP library files and directories in your project files, just as you would do without Parallel Studio (if you were just using a bare version of Visual Studio).

Here's a KB article that might help with the linking specifications:
Simplified Link Instructions for the IPP Library

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today