usage of intel parallel studio

usage of intel parallel studio

anukul121gmail.com's picture

1. What are the basic requirements before the installation of intel parallel studio?
2. Does it require Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 before the installation?
3. How to get the full version of IntelParallel Studio?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
vladimir-tsymbal (Intel)'s picture
Quoting - anukul121gmail.com

1. What are the basic requirements before the installation of intel parallel studio?
2. Does it require Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 before the installation?
3. How to get the full version of IntelParallel Studio?

1. The requirements are described in the Release Notes
2. Yes. It could be either VS2005 or VS2008 or both. It should be installed before Parallel Studio.
3. What do you mean by "full version"? You can download the evaluation version and, if you like it, purchase the license. Evaluation version has the same functionality as commercial one.

-Vladimir
qnphan's picture
Quoting - Vladimir Tsymbal (Intel)
1. The requirements are described in the Release Notes
2. Yes. It could be either VS2005 or VS2008 or both. It should be installed before Parallel Studio.
3. What do you mean by "full version"? You can download the evaluation version and, if you like it, purchase the license. Evaluation version has the same functionality as commercial one.

I like the evaluation version and bought the sw tool(sent to me on a CD). How do I activate my expired evaluation version with the new purchase?

I tried to install the Parallel Studio by inserting the CD to the CD drive.
It failed to auto start the installation so I ran the setup.exe program. Odd thing was after performing some scanning, it starts out with 3 options (modify, repair and remove), no installation option! I tried one option at a time but it did not help toget thetools installedproperly. At this point, it will response with installion completed and exitfor any option I selected.

Need help to install the newly purchased software tools! TIA.

hubert-haberstock (Intel)'s picture

This shows that you most likely have already the same Intel Parallel Studio version on your system.
The eval and the full version of the Intel Parallel Studio are identical from the technical perspective. You only need to copyyour commercial license file you purchasedto the location the env var INTEL_LICENSE_FILE points to (echo %INTEL_LICENSE_FILE%). This var should already exist on your computer after the eval installation.
Only in case the version on the CD is newer than your eval version, you need to update.
The current version is: Intel Parallel Studio Update 1.063 (I don't know how it reads on the CD cover).
To identify the installed version go to Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio and click on Intel Parallel Composer. The 'Product Details' should show you a version 1.063 which is current.
You can download the current version from the Intel Registration Center if your eval installation and the version on your CD is not up-to-date.
Did you already register your serial number? If not, the best way is to go the the Intel Registration Center at https://registrationcenter.intel.com and enter your email address and serial number that is written on your CD. Then copy this license file you will get via email to your license folder as described above.
I hope this helps,
Hubert.

qnphan's picture
Too bad I ran the "remove" option yesterday and tried to re-install with the CD but it still came back with the options below, still does not have the installation option!
-modify
-repair
-remove

Need helps to get the CD to install the software tools as it is the very first time.

I'd completele remove the current Intel Parallel Studio installation via the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
Remove:
- Intel Parallel Composer xxx
- Intel Parallel Amplifier
- Intel Parallel Inspector
Then install the IPS from the CD. If there are still issues, let me know.
BTW: Did you register your license at the Intel Registration Center https://registrationcenter.intel.com?
Hubert.

qnphan's picture
Hubert,
I have verified that none of those IPS components show up in the "Add and Remove progream list" - so IPS is removed from my machine.

Yesterday, I registered the software at your link and downloaded the latest version from the web. It failed when I ran the downloaded parallel_studio_setup with the following error message.
"error reading setup initialization file"

Hope it provides some hints and appreciate your helps.
Is there a phone number I can call to expedite this support?

Phan

Phan,
The error message indicates that most likely yourdownload was not successful. It's aWindows* message, not from theIntel Parallel Studio installer. The 'parallel_studio_setup.exe' should be 452353816 bytes.
If your downloaded file doesn't have this size, download it again. If you encounter bad download speed you may skip and re-download the packageusing a download manager.

Hubert.

qnphan's picture

Hubert,

I re-downloaded with the correct size but the same issue persisted.
It turns out that I have to re-image the OS on my desktop before the installation can be successful.
Thanks for your helps!

Login to leave a comment.