Intel Larrabee Simulator

Intel Larrabee Simulator

Hello,
I would like to know if there is any Larabee simulator available where I can try Parallel studio. I have downloaded the evaluation version of Intel Parallel Studio and would like to know if I can run it on standard x86 machine or how I can simulate a parallel architecture.
Note: I have already worked on IBM Cell.

Would really appreciate help and guidance
Thanks

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - hashirkk

Well I think yes you have answered the question. My next question then would with regards to Intel Parallel Studio, whether I can use it with existing dual / Quad cores for sequential applications and compiler will automatically convert it into parallel program (or do I have to use specifically the OpenMP Pragmas) to parallelize the code. Sory if it sounds stupid as i dont have OpenMP experience.

Regarding simulator, will the Larabee simulator be available in the future?

thanks

Yes, you can use Intel Parallel Studio with existing serial code. The Intel Parallel Composer provides an auto-parallel feature that can parallelize simple loops by adding the compiler switch /Qparallel; no change on the code is required. One other method is to use IntelC++ extensions for simple parallelsim (__taskcomplete, __task, __par, __critical keywords to be used with /Qopenmp switch).
However, for achieving more sophisticated parallelism you need to use a threading model such as OpenMP (pragma based, use switch /Qopenmp; usually for C code), the Threading Building Blocks (for C++ code, similar to STL), or native threading; the latter methodcauseshighest efforts in changingexisting serialcode, but provides most control over your program whereas TBB, OpenMP is a high-level approach in parallelizing your code with less changing efforts. There are samples with the Intel Parallel Studio with a couple of examples for autoparallelism, OpenMP, TBB. More information is on Intel's web. Please search the knowledbase articles for further information.
If you have specific questions, please post them.
Hubert.

Login to leave a comment.