Problem with MS-Visual Studio Plug-in under intel Parallel Studio

Problem with MS-Visual Studio Plug-in under intel Parallel Studio

Hi all :)

I just bought intel Parallel Studio and installed it successfully under VS2008SP1 (with ATL Security Bug fixed). So far so good. Now I downloaded the commercial version of iTBB2.2 because I'm not sure what is included in Parallel Studio.

But as I wanted to install the iTBB Addin it failed me. The VS2008 says that the addin is installed and working but I cannot find the submenu for iTBB as described in the ReadMe :(

Is this a bug, or what did I do wrong?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

This forum may not be the best place for this question, although I agree there is a possibility parallel studio is implicated. People on the TBB forum may be more familiar with expectations for TBB add-in in Visual Studio. As for me, I'm challenged enough attempting to make VS2008 builds work with cmd window test runs.
The C++ compiler provided with Parallel Studio doesn't support all the options of the ICL Professional release which includes TBB. I haven't figured this out myself. If you got the TBB together with ICL professional, it may be interesting to perform a full installation of that combination, even though it may conflict with some Parallel Studio functionality.

Best Reply

The TBB 2.1 is included in the Parallel Studio. If you installed the "Complete" package, you can find it under "[install-dir]Composertbb".

To use it for a project or a configuration, click the 4th icon on the toolbar to bring up Component Selection Dialog. After you selected "use TBB", you can then include the TBB header files in your source code. The compiler can find the header and libs automatically.

Jennifer

Quoting - Jennifer Jiang (Intel)

The TBB 2.1 is included in the Parallel Studio. If you installed the "Complete" package, you can find it under "[install-dir]Composertbb".

To use it for a project or a configuration, click the 4th icon on the toolbar to bring up Component Selection Dialog. After you selected "use TBB", you can then include the TBB header files in your source code. The compiler can find the header and libs automatically.

Jennifer

Thanks Jeniffer this is indeed where all my answers lie... even the unanswered one about the IPP ;)
+ And how can I update to iTBB 2.2? Can I simply overwrite the directory with the newer comercial libary? Same with IPP6.1?

I downloaded the Parallel Studio recently. The informations about what is included and where it is though is kinda hard to find. I'm totally new to the intel compiler and tools philosophy and I truly miss the good old days where I got a 1000 pages folder with my SAS-C (on the Amiga) *sigh*.

Login to leave a comment.