Interoperability with Real Time Windows Extension RTX

Interoperability with Real Time Windows Extension RTX

Does Parallel Studio support and allow one to target Interval Zero's RTX applications?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - pdmarzec
Does Parallel Studio support and allow one to target Interval Zero's RTX applications?

Instead of RTX - you can use a much better product to do real time Windows. It is called INtime , and is produced by Intel Veterans on the basis of Intel Code called RMX 386.
The company name is TenAsys (www.tenasys.com ) located near Intel site in Hilsborrow Oregon.
This product is using Visual Studio not only during the buildup of the code , but through real time debugging of the code- something that RTX can't

stephen-blair-chappell (Intel)'s picture

Quoting - pdmarzec

You can use the Intel compiler as a substiute for the Microsoft compiler with RTX. One of the main benefits is to be able to leverage the performanceoptimisations of the Intel compiler.

You can also use the other tools (Advisor, Inspector, Amplifier) tools when creating a WIN32 application, but NOT a pure RTX application.One could try a few tricks like first developing & tuning an app as an WIN32,then rebuild the tuned application as a pure RTX app.

You can use the compiler to create both RTX and WIN32 applications - key point is that the compiler that comes withParallel Studio is a 'plug-and-play' replacement for the Microsoft compiler. So wherever you are currently using the MS compiler you can replace that with the Intel compiler.

In the UK Hitex are running a hands-on seminar on using Intel tools with RTX. See here www.hitex.co.uk/multicore

When I get time, I'll try and post some additional guidance on RTX & Parallel Studio. I would recommend that you try Parallel Studio with RTX first before you go ahead and purchase :-).

- stephen

Quoting - Stephen Blair-chappell (Intel)

You can use the Intel compiler as a substiute for the Microsoft compiler with RTX. One of the main benefits is to be able to leverage the performanceoptimisations of the Intel compiler.

You can also use the other tools (Advisor, Inspector, Amplifier) tools when creating a WIN32 application, but NOT a pure RTX application.One could try a few tricks like first developing & tuning an app as an WIN32,then rebuild the tuned application as a pure RTX app.

You can use the compiler to create both RTX and WIN32 applications - key point is that the compiler that comes withParallel Studio is a 'plug-and-play' replacement for the Microsoft compiler. So wherever you are currently using the MS compiler you can replace that with the Intel compiler.

In the UK Hitex are running a hands-on seminar on using Intel tools with RTX. See here www.hitex.co.uk/multicore

When I get time, I'll try and post some additional guidance on RTX & Parallel Studio. I would recommend that you try Parallel Studio with RTX first before you go ahead and purchase :-).

- stephen

Hi,

My name is Dale Fittes and I work for Hitex UK. We are a partner of Interval Zero and we distribute their products in the UK and Scandinavia. My contact details are included below.

I would like to follow up on the discussion here about RTX, the Real-Time Extension to Windows.

Stephen has recommended that you try RTX before committing. You can request a download of RTX 2009 or RTX 2009 SMP from

https://forms.netsuite.com/app/site/crm/externalleadpage.nl;jsessionid=0a01044e1f43813f3a13a2c344e686a6ba18ebbd7d1b.e34Oah8Qb3eObi0Lbh0Mch0NbxiRe0?compid=817159&formid=4&h=c74262347deabc3e8a53&redirect_count=1&did_javascript_redirect=T

Regarding the debugging of RTX applications:You can execute and debug code directly in the subsystem from Visual Studio. This has been a feature of RTX since Version 5.5 (we are now at Version 2009, fka Version 9).

Concerning the discussion of RTX vs. Intime, I would just like to point out that (1) there are very many more deployments of RTX than Intime, (2) RTX supports true SMP and (3) Interval Zero have been awarded 2009 ISV of the year by Microsoft both in America during their America summit 2 weeks ago, and EMEA last week in Edinburgh.

Finally, if you would like to learn more about using Intel toolswith RTX Real-Time Applications please check out this Seminar, to be held in Reading on November 18th.

www.hitex.co.uk/multicore

Dale Fittes

Hitex UK Ltd

Tel: +44 (0) 2476 692066

email: dfittes@hitex.co.uk

Login to leave a comment.