Intel compiler hangs

Intel compiler hangs

I downloaded an evaluation version of Intel Parallel Studio. I wanted to try out the NQueens example but the Intel compiler hangs. The Build Log shows

Creating temporary file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\RSP4DE5.bs" with contents
[
/c /Od /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:fast /Fo"Debug/" /W3 /nologo /Wp64 /ZI /Qopenmp /Qvc9 /Qlocation,link,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin"
.\nq-parallelfinal.cpp
]
Creating command line "icl.exe "@C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\RSP4DE5.bs""

Some informations to my system: Windows 7 Ultimate,Visual Studio 9.0, Microsoft .Net Framework V. 3.5 SP1.

One additional question: We use OMP in our application. Do I have to use the Intel C++ compiler or can I use the Microsoft compiler for Parallel Inspector?

Thanks for any help.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

There was such an issue with an earlier version of Composer on Windows* 7. Could you please upgrade to the latest Composer Update 3 version and let us know if you still have this problem? I am assuming you may be using an earlier version, is that case? Appreciate if you could let me know.

In addition, the Intel Parallel Studio Service Pack 1 was released yesterday that has Windows* 7 Compliance support that you can download, just FYI.

-thanks,
Kittur

did you extract the nq sample to a different folder?

Can you try to use a folder that is not under ?

Yes, you can use the Parallel Inspector with VC.

Jennifer

Quoting - Kittur Ganesh (Intel)
Hi,

There was such an issue with an earlier version of Composer on Windows* 7. Could you please upgrade to the latest Composer Update 3 version and let us know if you still have this problem? I am assuming you may be using an earlier version, is that case? Appreciate if you could let me know.

In addition, the Intel Parallel Studio Service Pack 1 was released yesterday that has Windows* 7 Compliance support that you can download, just FYI.

-thanks,
Kittur

I've downloaded Parallel Studio at the 18.November. I am assuming this version is up to date?

I would like to install Service Pack 1 but it seems it`s for registered users only who bought the product. I don't have a serieal number of the product just doing an evaluation.

Thanks,
Volker

Quoting - Jennifer Jiang (Intel)

did you extract the nq sample to a different folder?

Can you try to use a folder that is not under ?

Yes, you can use the Parallel Inspector with VC.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I did use a folder not under .

Thanks,
Volker

Quoting - vw61
I've downloaded Parallel Studio at the 18.November. I am assuming this version is up to date?

Volker

Hi Volker,
This is making sense now. Our Parallel Studio SP1 is released on 11/19. So the version you have does not have full Windows 7 support.

Please download it again or try another eval. (you can try two eval each user.)

If you have any more issue, please let us know by posting here again.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Quoting - Jennifer Jiang (Intel)

Hi Volker,
This is making sense now. Our Parallel Studio SP1 is released on 11/19. So the version you have does not have full Windows 7 support.

Please download it again or try another eval. (you can try two eval each user.)

If you have any more issue, please let us know by posting here again.

Thanks,
Jennifer

It runs. Thank you for your help.

Volker

Login to leave a comment.