Support for Native Code C dlls called from C# main program via PInvoke

Support for Native Code C dlls called from C# main program via PInvoke

After having joined the recent Webcast about Intel Parallel Studio's Parallel Inspector and I had posed a question about support for native code C dlls that are called from a C# User Interface Program. I received the answer that this was probably not supported and I was encouraged to request support for this case. So, here I am, requesting that C native code dlls taht are called from C# UI are supported by Intel Parallel Studio.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - hemahgoub1
After having joined the recent Webcast about Intel Parallel Studio's Parallel Inspector and I had posed a question about support for native code C dlls that are called from a C# User Interface Program. I received the answer that this was probably not supported and I was encouraged to request support for this case. So, here I am, requesting that C native code dlls taht are called from C# UI are supported by Intel Parallel Studio.

Intel Parallel Inspector supports native C/C++ only. But in case of not too big application Inspector's Thread Checker might handle the mixed code since all the threading API ends up in the native calls. This is not the case for Memory Checker, though.

-Vladimir

Quoting - Vladimir Tsymbal (Intel)

Intel Parallel Inspector supports native C/C++ only. But in case of not too big application Inspector's Thread Checker might handle the mixed code since all the threading API ends up in the native calls. This is not the case for Memory Checker, though.

Thanks very much for your reply. It would be convenient if Parallel Studio would support such a case, as the memory checking is important for our work.

Hossam Mahgoub

Quoting - hemahgoub1

Thanks very much for your reply. It would be convenient if Parallel Studio would support such a case, as the memory checking is important for our work.

Hossam Mahgoub

Thanks for your feed back - this is valid andvaluable. I'm not sure that Intel Parallel Studio will be supporting managed run-times any soon, but it helps us to understand the customer's needs for the future products.

-Vladimir

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today