link to mkl libraries of parallel studio in ubuntu 10.04 (LTS) fails

link to mkl libraries of parallel studio in ubuntu 10.04 (LTS) fails

mgeo's picture

Hi everyone,

I am using Parallel studio XE update 1 and I am trying to link a simple fortran90 program that uses the FFT transform of the Intel MKL libraries but I encounter 2 problems.
First, when I try to run the script mklvars_intel64.sh in order to set the enviroment variables for my architecture (Intel64) I get the following message:

marios@marios-home:~/FFT_MKL$ bash /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.2.137/mkl/bin/intel64/mklvars_intel64.sh
/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.2.137/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: 12: Bad substitution

what does the message 12: Bad substitution mean? does anyone know why I can't run the script?

One can still link to the MKL library even without setting the enviroment variables at compile-time. For example the dynamic linking of my program fft_test.F90 and sequential version of Intel MKL supporting the LP64 interface is:

ifort -O3 fft_test.F90 -L/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.2.137/mkl/lib/intel64 -I/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.2.137/mkl/include -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lpthread -o run.out

but when I do that I get the message:

fft_test.F90(6): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [MKL_DFTI]
Use MKL_DFTI
----^

seems it does not link to the mkl_dfti module.

Any ideas about the problem? I am stuck 2 days with this :(

Thanks,

Marios

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Rob (Intel)'s picture

Marios, You may need to source the environment script, not run it as a shell script. Rob

Gennady Fedorov (Intel)'s picture

the similar problem has been recently disscussed here --Gennady

Login to leave a comment.