Difficulty in installing Intel Parallel Studio XE 12.0 on RHEL6.2

Difficulty in installing Intel Parallel Studio XE 12.0 on RHEL6.2

dan.havens's picture

I'm getting the floowing error when I install either the Fortran 12.0 or C++ 12.0 compilers. My system is x86_64. Is there a flag I can set so as not to not install the 32-bit libraries?

Step no: 4 of 6 | Options > Missing Critical Pre-requisite
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
32-bit libraries not found on this system.
This product release requires the presence of 32-bit compatibility libraries
when running on Intel 64 architecture systems. One or more of these libraries
could not be found:
libstdc++ (including libstdc++6)
glibc
libgcc
Without these libraries, the compiler will not function properly. Please refer
to Release Notes for more information.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Finish with prerequisites and back to Critical Pre-requisites dialog
[default]
2. Back to Pre-requisite summary dialog

h. Help
b. Back to the previous menu
q. Quit
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]:

Has anyone else run into this issue with RHEL6.2?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
hubert-haberstock (Intel)'s picture

This is when you install the full package with both the 32-bit and 64-bit compiler packages.

Use the 64-bit (_intel64) installation package only (fileset: parallel_studio_xe_2011_sp1_update1_intel64.tgz)

But, I suggest to install all components individually, since they are availalbe in newer versions than those included in the current Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 SP1 Update 1 package.

In the Intel Registartion Center look at the download links and download/install the Intel Composer XE, Intel Inspector XE and Intel VTune Amplifier XE separately from the given links.

For more info on Red Hat installation you may also look at this article: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-compilers-for-linux...

Regards, Hubert.

Login to leave a comment.