Second Oops with Beta

Second Oops with Beta

I didn't wait for votes on switching to MFC versus putting the code in a dll. I used the MFC wizard to create a stub app. It compiled and ran fine with VC9. I then switched to ICC11 and recompiled. It ran fine until I exited the stub. I got this message:

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1434) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

First-chance exception at 0x78a572dc (mfc90ud.dll) in RatMFC.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xfffffffc.

Unhandled exception at 0x78a572dc (mfc90ud.dll) in RatMFC.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xfffffffc.

Here's the stack:

mfc90ud.dll!ATL::CStringData::Release() + 0xc bytes
mfc90ud.dll!ATL::CSimpleStringT::~CSimpleStringT() + 0x1e bytes
mfc90ud.dll!ATL::CStringT > >::~CStringT > >() + 0x11 bytes
RatMFC.exe!CRatMFCView::GetMessageMap() + 0x64 bytesC++
msvcr90d.dll!___freeCrtMemory() + 0x275 bytes
msvcr90d.dll!_exit() + 0x12 bytes
>RatMFC.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() Line 599C
RatMFC.exe!wWinMainCRTStartup() Line 403C
kernel32.dll!_BaseProcessStart@4() + 0x23 bytes

This happened on exit, so the workaround is obvious, but a longer term fix would be good. I made no changes to the standard compiler switches.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - intelbattosai

Any report on this one for that lastest release? Our company is closely following this project.

Thank you,

Tommy Nagaski,
VP of IT @ Realpage.

Hi Tommy,
Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the problem here with the latest release (Studio update 2 beta) that's released which you can download from thethe Intel Registration Center that you can download.Do you have a testcase that you see this proiblem which you can attach to this issue? We can try to see if that can help us reproduce. Appreciate much for your patience and help.
-regards,
Kittur

Hi,
Will try to reproduce the problem and file the issue with the developers thereafter. Thanks much for the feedback.
-regards,
Kittur

Quoting - Kittur Ganesh (Intel)

Hi,
Will try to reproduce the problem and file the issue with the developers thereafter. Thanks much for the feedback.
-regards,
Kittur

Hi,

I used the wizard, created a sample MFC application and it compilied and ran fine with VC9. Then I switched to ICC11 cleaned the solution, rebuild and ran the application. Again, on exit never had any problems.

Also tried, with Composer 0.027, 0.032 versions, no problems.

I will send you a private thread separately requesting you to send me the project files so I can reproduce the problem, appreciate much.

-regards,

Kittur

Quoting - dr_eck

I didn't wait for votes on switching to MFC versus putting the code in a dll. I used the MFC wizard to create a stub app. It compiled and ran fine with VC9. I then switched to ICC11 and recompiled. It ran fine until I exited the stub. I got this message:

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1434) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

First-chance exception at 0x78a572dc (mfc90ud.dll) in RatMFC.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xfffffffc.

Unhandled exception at 0x78a572dc (mfc90ud.dll) in RatMFC.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xfffffffc.

Here's the stack:

mfc90ud.dll!ATL::CStringData::Release() + 0xc bytes
mfc90ud.dll!ATL::CSimpleStringT::~CSimpleStringT() + 0x1e bytes
mfc90ud.dll!ATL::CStringT > >::~CStringT > >() + 0x11 bytes
RatMFC.exe!CRatMFCView::GetMessageMap() + 0x64 bytesC++
msvcr90d.dll!___freeCrtMemory() + 0x275 bytes
msvcr90d.dll!_exit() + 0x12 bytes
>RatMFC.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() Line 599C
RatMFC.exe!wWinMainCRTStartup() Line 403C
kernel32.dll!_BaseProcessStart@4() + 0x23 bytes

This happened on exit, so the workaround is obvious, but a longer term fix would be good. I made no changes to the standard compiler switches.

I got the same problem here. It seems to be in _AtlInterlockedDecrement, in the release (atlsimpstr.h). I tried to play around with compiler options and stuff like that, but didn't seem to work.

I ran it with the "check Threadding errors" and here's what I got:
"Remark: Thread information. Creation site, Source: crtexe.c:578, Module: TestIntelDlg.exe!16166"

My rig:
Visual Studio 2008, with Feature Pack and SP1
Vista Business (French) with SP1
CPU is: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @3Ghz

Intel Parallel Composer Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008, Version 11.1.787.2008 (Beta)
Intel Parallel Amplifier Beta Update 3, (42237)
Intel Parallel Inspector Beta Update 2, (42425)

The only other SDK I have is MS DirectX November 2008, PhysX 2.8.1 and Autodesk Maya 2009. None of them have MFC related stuff in them.

Thank you.

Hi,
Thanks much for the feedback and the information you've given that will help us investigate more to see if we can reproduce (as we couldn't with the latest update3 version of the Composer). I'll keep you updated as soon as we are done with our investigation further, appreciate much.
-regards,
Kittur

Hi,
With the latest update4 release, we couldn't reproduce the problem. Could you please try out with the latest release and let us know if you still see the issue?
-thanks much,
Kittur

Quoting - Kittur Ganesh (Intel)

Movie film phim phim online viet entertainment phim han quoc drama clips. Movie clips korean drama for entertaint.
Hi,
With the latest update4 release, we couldn't reproduce the problem. Could you please try out with the latest release and let us know if you still see the issue?
-thanks much,
Kitturclothes fashion korean wholesale fashion fashion korean wholesale fashion models garment.

Any report on this one for that lastest release? Our company is closely following this project.

Thank you,

Tommy Nagaski,
VP of IT @ Realpage.

Hi Tommy,
Could you please let us know if you still have this issue with the latest Studio product initial release package? We are not able to reproduce and as such wanted to know if you still have this problem? Appreciate your input, thanks.
-thanks,
Kittur

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today