Unable to uninstall Parallel Composer

Unable to uninstall Parallel Composer

First problem: Property dialogs no longer work with Parallell Composer installed. Does not need to be enabled. Affects all projects. The same solutions on another Vista system do operate as expected.

Second problem: When I go to unistall Parallell Composer the unistall aborts. I disabled User Account Control and it still fails.

Jack Blevins

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Jack,

Could you please share the error message you saw during uninstalling the product? I'm not an integration/installation expert. But I'm sure the error message would be helpful for our integration/installation expert to investigate this issue.

Feilong

Please try the steps posted to this thread http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=62149to refer to your VS.
If it doesn't solve the issue, please open the vc command prompt to see if "cl.exe" works. Because there's an issue with vsvars32.bat of VS2008 in some unknown conditions.

Quoting - Feilong H (Intel)

Hi Jack,

Could you please share the error message you saw during uninstalling the product? I'm not an integration/installation expert. But I'm sure the error message would be helpful for our integration/installation expert to investigate this issue.

Feilong

There is no error message. The program just aborts.

Quoting - Jennifer Jiang (Intel)

Please try the steps posted to this thread http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=62149to refer to your VS.
If it doesn't solve the issue, please open the vc command prompt to see if "cl.exe" works. Because there's an issue with vsvars32.bat of VS2008 in some unknown conditions.

The program installed fine. It has the 3 problems I reported. I need to extract Parallel Composer as an add in because it affects the property window for all projects.

Quoting - jackblevinsassistantsoftwarecoach.com

The program installed fine. It has the 3 problems I reported. I need to extract Parallel Composer as an add in because it affects the property window for all projects.

Hi Jack,

Did you get a chance to try Parallel Composer update 4? Please let me know if the problem still persists with update 4.

Thanks,
Feilong

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today