Thanks Intel, you guys rock

Thanks Intel, you guys rock

Despite some problem with installation unintuitiveness, Parallel Studio is awesome. I had some (rather) small image processing GUI app that I develop for a project and it was running quite slow (processing takes 1 second per frame of video). So I decided to give Parallel Studio a run. I was delighted when it points me to the right source line that was taking much of the time (some debug output that was hogging the disk IO). I made the change and voila our app is now almost 10 times faster.

Then I gave memory checking a try and discovered several memory leak problems in a code of another developer in our team. The problem was promptly fixed.

Just want to give my thumbups to you guys for an excellent work. The GUI is very easy to use in my opinion. Can't wait to be able to make a purchase on the release product.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

Great feedback, especially on memory leak detection and performance increase! I'll pass on your feedback to the Parallel Studio team (including your comments on installation), appreciate much. Looking forward to more feedback from you as you use the product and the many nice features therein, thanks.

-Cheers,
Kittur

Quoting - kt_leohart
Despite some problem with installation unintuitiveness

Hi, kt_leohart,

If you could, please describe the installation unintuitiveness that you experienced. I am part of the team that develops installation and we really want to make installation experience intuitive. Please post your suggestions and we will try to incorporate them into the next release. You probably don't want to go through unintuitiveness twice :)

Robert

Quoting - Robert Ioffe (Intel)

Hi, kt_leohart,

If you could, please describe the installation unintuitiveness that you experienced. I am part of the team that develops installation and we really want to make installation experience intuitive. Please post your suggestions and we will try to incorporate them into the next release. You probably don't want to go through unintuitiveness twice :)

Robert

Hi Rober,

I think if the Parallel Studio comes with a video tutorial, it will help clear all the confusions away.

Quoting - shachris23

Hi Rober,

I think if the Parallel Studio comes with a video tutorial, it will help clear all the confusions away.

Thanks.Yes, video should help, and it should be part of the Getting Started Guide, and I assume will be considered in other areas of document collaterals as we move forward with subsequent releases.
-regards,
Kittur

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today