Use Intel Optimized Headers option (/Quse-intel-optimized-headers) not working

Use Intel Optimized Headers option (/Quse-intel-optimized-headers) not working

Hello,

I have installed the IPP Static Libraries for IA-32 and Intel 64, however I get the following error when trying to compile anything with the /Quse-intel-optimized-headers switch from command-line:

icl: error #10311: Static IPP libraries not installed. See "http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-static-libraries" for more information.

Also, in VS 2010 IDE,whenI enable"Use Intel Optimized Headers"under project settings, I get the following error when building the project:

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ippvm_l.lib'

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Ricardo.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Ricardo,

I'm not aware of this as a known issue. I wonder if the lib file directories are not being referenced properly by the project files (which are getting setup "automagically" for you by that /Quse-intel-... option and the "use intel..." project setting.

You can manually specify the location of your static lib files in your project file, effectively bypassing those "helpful" little buttons. Locate the IPP lib directory on your system (varies slightly depending on which specific product you have installed, I'm most familiar with standalone IPP) and then reference that "lib" directory in your project files.

For example, on a standalone IPP 7.0 beta install, the directory you're looking for will be something like this:
C:\Program Files\Intel\CompilerPro-12.0\ipp\lib\ia32

And I think it will look like something this on a Parallel Studio 2011 beta install:
C:\Program Files\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\composer\ipp\lib\ia32

You'll know that you've found the right directory because it should contain the "ippvm_l.lib" file your linker cannot locate. If you cannot find the directory containing that file, based on my hints above, it may be that the static libraries got installed to a different location on your system, and the install location is "out of sync" with the expectations of Parallel Studio, in which case this is a bug...

Paul

p.s. I'm an IPP jockey not a Parallel Studio jockey, thus my uncertainty on some of these points...

Hi Paul,

The lib files are correctly installed at Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer\ipp\lib\ia32 as you said. Manually specifying it makes the compilation complete successfully. So I believe the "magic" is not happening as expected when using the projectsetting.

This may be related with the problem I just posted on the other threadabout the Crypto package setup, which is saying that IPP 7.0is not installed. I've tried reinstalling both composer_2011_static_ipp_update1_ia32_setup.exe and composer_2011_static_ipp_update1_intel64_setup.exe, but the problem persists :(

Thanks,
Ricardo

Hello Ricardo,

I'm not aware of this as a known issue. I wonder if the lib file directories are not being referenced properly by the project files (which are getting setup "automagically" for you by that /Quse-intel-... option and the "use intel..." project setting.

You can manually specify the location of your static lib files in your project file, effectively bypassing those "helpful" little buttons. Locate the IPP lib directory on your system (varies slightly depending on which specific product you have installed, I'm most familiar with standalone IPP) and then reference that "lib" directory in your project files.

For example, on a standalone IPP 7.0 beta install, the directory you're looking for will be something like this:
C:\Program Files\Intel\CompilerPro-12.0\ipp\lib\ia32

And I think it will look like something this on a Parallel Studio 2011 beta install:
C:\Program Files\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\composer\ipp\lib\ia32

You'll know that you've found the right directory because it should contain the "ippvm_l.lib" file your linker cannot locate. If you cannot find the directory containing that file, based on my hints above, it may be that the static libraries got installed to a different location on your system, and the install location is "out of sync" with the expectations of Parallel Studio, in which case this is a bug...

Paul

p.s. I'm an IPP jockey not a Parallel Studio jockey, thus my uncertainty on some of these points...

Ok, just saw your post on the other thread, so this is a different issue.

Login to leave a comment.