Installation Error: Compiler Suite Professional Edition for Windows

Installation Error: Compiler Suite Professional Edition for Windows

The Compiler Suite that I downloaded from Intel refuses to install in a strange way:
1) I run w_cproc_p_11.1.038.exe and it extracts files under "C:\Program Files\Intel"
2) Then goes through the registration notice, EULA, license verification
3) Then says "C:\Program Files" is an invalid location!! And refuses to install.

Anyone know what the problem is?
Thanks.
/\\

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - as8525203
The Compiler Suite that I downloaded from Intel refuses to install in a strange way:
1) I run w_cproc_p_11.1.038.exe and it extracts files under "C:Program FilesIntel"
2) Then goes through the registration notice, EULA, license verification
3) Then says "C:Program Files" is an invalid location!! And refuses to install.

Anyone know what the problem is?
Thanks.
/\

Greetings,

The download should have extracted to c:Program FilesintelDownload
Is this where your download extracted to?
Which Windows* OS are you using?

Chuck

Quoting - Chuck (Intel)
Greetings,

The download should have extracted to c:Program FilesintelDownload
Is this where your download extracted to?
Which Windows* OS are you using?

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck.
Yes, the download did extract to "C:Program FilesIntelDownload".
And I am using XP Professional with SP3.

Ash

Quoting - as8525203

Thanks, Chuck.
Yes, the download did extract to "C:Program FilesIntelDownload".
And I am using XP Professional with SP3.

Ash

Interesting, I just downloaded and installed on XP and had no problem.
Did you install the IA-32/Intel 64 package?
You used the Setup.exe in the directory where the download was put?
I assume you have tried it more than once...

Chuck

Quoting - Chuck (Intel)

Interesting, I just downloaded and installed on XP and had no problem.
Did you install the IA-32/Intel 64 package?
You used the Setup.exe in the directory where the download was put?
I assume you have tried it more than once...

Chuck

Chuck: I do appreciate your help, and effort to try to duplicate this -- thanks!

Yes, I did install the IA-32/Intel-64 package.
The installer extracts the files and starts the setup.exe program automatically.
But I've tried all combinations of rebooting and running the setup.exe after the initial installer fails.
Also tried all possible permutations for validating the license.
And then repeated everything for install the Fortran compiler as well. Nothing works!!

/sh

Best Reply

Quoting - as8525203

Chuck: I do appreciate your help, and effort to try to duplicate this -- thanks!

Yes, I did install the IA-32/Intel-64 package.
The installer extracts the files and starts the setup.exe program automatically.
But I've tried all combinations of rebooting and running the setup.exe after the initial installer fails.
Also tried all possible permutations for validating the license.
And then repeated everything for install the Fortran compiler as well. Nothing works!!

/sh

Greetings,

This is a known issueand is listed in the readme file at http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/1545/w_cproc_p_11.1.038_README.txt (200082973 | | Windows | | License problem when system disk is other than C:)

The developers and the product support team have not been able toreproduce the issue yet.

In the meanwhile I will suggest you to try package w_cprof_p_11.1.035 , as one of our customers who reported this issue in package w_cprof_p_11.1.038 said that w_cprof_p_11.1.035 or any of the 11.0 packages worked fine for them.

Let us know if this workaround helps. We will update this post when the issue is fixed.

Thanks
shamla

Quoting - Shamla (Intel)

Greetings,

This is a known issueand is listed in the readme file at http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/1545/w_cproc_p_11.1.038_README.txt (200082973 | | Windows | | License problem when system disk is other than C:)

The developers and the product support team have not been able toreproduce the issue yet.

In the meanwhile I will suggest you to try package w_cprof_p_11.1.035 , as one of our customers who reported this issue in package w_cprof_p_11.1.038 said that w_cprof_p_11.1.035 or any of the 11.0 packages worked fine for them.

Let us know if this workaround helps. We will update this post when the issue is fixed.

Thanks
shamla

Hi Ash,
Another work around that has been reported is to install from a different directory other than "C:Program FilesIntelDownload".

Copy the files to a different directory and try the installation.

Chuck

Quoting - Shamla (Intel)

Greetings,

Thanks
shamla

My system disk is C: so the reported issueper se might not be directly related.

However, I took your suggestion and kept trying successively lower release versions.
Then finally release v.11.0.075 just worked!!

Thanks, Shamla. And thank you to the developers and the product support team.

/\

Quoting - Chuck (Intel)
Hi Ash,
Another work around that has been reported is to install from a different directory other than "C:Program FilesIntelDownload".

Copy the files to a different directory and try the installation.

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck.
I tried that, but it still failed. I'm OK for now -- v.11.0.075 seems to be working fine.
Ash

Quoting - as8525203

Thanks, Chuck.
I tried that, but it still failed. I'm OK for now -- v.11.0.075 seems to be working fine.
Ash

Well, that's somewhat good news. I'll keep checking with the install team and let you know if I come up with anything.

Chuck

Login to leave a comment.