change in hostnames

change in hostnames

Recently we installed intel compiler on 64-bit Linux serversusing floating license. After installation there was a change in the hostnames on the 3 servers. I read somewhere in your forum that in this case I need to regenerate the license. How do I go about regenerating and implementing the new license? Could you provide the steps? We also installed Intel License Manager for FLexLM.Will this have any impact on FlexLM?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Chuck (Intel)'s picture

Quoting - izraz
Recently we installed intel compiler on 64-bit Linux serversusing floating license. After installation there was a change in the hostnames on the 3 servers. I read somewhere in your forum that in this case I need to regenerate the license. How do I go about regenerating and implementing the new license? Could you provide the steps? We also installed Intel License Manager for FLexLM.Will this have any impact on FlexLM?

Greetings:

Information on changing Host settings can be found at:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/change--serverhost-data-node-locked-or-floating-license/

Once you have made the changes and you have received your new license files, you would need to replace the old license files on your server and clients.

I don't understand your question concerning the Intel License manager. The License manager is required in order for the server to serve the licenses to the client systems.

You could also consult the "License Manager for FLEXlm users guide" which should be on your server as part of the installation.

Chuck

Login to leave a comment.