Intel Fortran for Mac on multi-user machine

Intel Fortran for Mac on multi-user machine

I have a registered, activated version of the compiler which I have installed on my single-user desktop and 2 single-user laptops. I am trying to install the compiler on one of the desktops in my lab, which is registered to me but also has other users. The installer won't allow me to install on this machine.

How can I get the compiler to work on a multi-user machine?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - bhales@coas.oregonstate.edu
I have a registered, activated version of the compiler which I have installed on my single-user desktop and 2 single-user laptops. I am trying to install the compiler on one of the desktops in my lab, which is registered to me but also has other users. The installer won't allow me to install on this machine.

Greetings,

The license I show for you is a single user academic license. This would limit it's usage to machines that only you have access to.

Chuck

Quoting - Chuck (Intel)

Greetings,

The license I show for you is a single user academic license. This would limit it's usage to machines that only you have access to.

Chuck

What are my options for using it on multi-user machines?

Quoting - Chuck (Intel)

Greetings,

Chuck

one more question-- if i have it installed and working on a single user machine, and i then add a new user, what happens? will the compiler no longer work?

one more question-- if i have it installed and working on a single user machine, and i then add a new user, what happens? will the compiler no longer work?

You should be able to install it on any machine regardless of the user count. There are some variables that may not allow the installation.

Which MAC OS is running on this machine Versus the others?

Quoting - Chuck (Intel)

You should be able to install it on any machine regardless of the user count. There are some variables that may not allow the installation.

Which MAC OS is running on this machine Versus the others?

All machines are running 10.5.8

Quoting - Chuck (Intel)

Thanks, Chuck. Is the above comment in contradiction to yours of 18 September at 2:37:

"Greetings,

Chuck"

?

Thanks, Chuck. Is the above comment in contradiction to yours of 18 September at 2:37:

"Greetings,

Chuck"

?

Well, Yes. Adding users would not be following the License agreement for a single user license.

Chuck

okay, so back to the earlier question:

How do I use the compiler on a multi-user machine?

Just buying a new single-user license for that machine won't solve the problem, right?

problem solved. turns out for some reason I needed to reset the privileges on the application support/Intel folder to get this to work.

problem solved. turns out for some reason I needed to reset the privileges on the application support/Intel folder to get this to work.

That's good news. Thank you for the update.

Chuck

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today