Evaluation version fails to run

Evaluation version fails to run

I am unable to use the Intel C++/Fortran compilers as they return the following error:

error #10310: Failed to enable trusted storage check for licensing: WARNING : Enable Trusted Storage failed (flexnet error code 20). Trusted storage based license could

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the Intel Compiler Suite on my brand new Windows - 7 (64-bit) machine which already had the Visual Studio 2008 edition installed prior to the installation of the compilers.

During installation, I chose the evaluation option when prompted fora serial number and then the installation finished without a hitch.

Would greatly appreciate any pointers as what could be wrong with my setup and why my compilers fail the license check when I just downloaded the evaluation version and they are valid for 30 days and I had no previous version of any Intel compilers.

Thanks,
Wajahat Khan

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - murtuza.khan@gmail.com

I am unable to use the Intel C++/Fortran compilers as they return the following error:

error #10310: Failed to enable trusted storage check for licensing: WARNING : Enable Trusted Storage failed (flexnet error code 20). Trusted storage based license could

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the Intel Compiler Suite on my brand new Windows - 7 (64-bit) machine which already had the Visual Studio 2008 edition installed prior to the installation of the compilers.

During installation, I chose the evaluation option when prompted fora serial number and then the installation finished without a hitch.

Would greatly appreciate any pointers as what could be wrong with my setup and why my compilers fail the license check when I just downloaded the evaluation version and they are valid for 30 days and I had no previous version of any Intel compilers.

Thanks,
Wajahat Khan

Hello Wajahat Khan,

This is a known issue. Please read the article athttp://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/error-trusted-storage-check/ for the workaround.

Thank You
Shamla

FYI. The issue number for this issue in product issue tracker is DPD200141096.

Quoting - Shamla (Intel)

FYI. The issue number for this issue in product issue tracker is DPD200141096.

Thanks Shamla for your answer however I had solved the problem differently.
I had to copy the license fileto the that was emailed to me after I had registered to download the evaluation versions.
I copied the evaluation licence into the C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesIntelLicenses folder and it worked soon after.

Quoting - murtuza.khan@gmail.com

Thanks Shamla for your answer however I had solved the problem differently.
I had to copy the license fileto the that was emailed to me after I had registered to download the evaluation versions.
I copied the evaluation licence into the C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesIntelLicenses folder and it worked soon after.

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know.

I am happy that the issue is resolved. But I am little concerned that you had to copy the license file for the issue to be resolved. Evaluation license file are available in the install package and are copied by default to the machine where it is installed . (only if you chose evaluation option during install.)

I will let the product team know.

Thanks
Shamla

Login to leave a comment.