Invalid license issue with C++ Composer XE 2011 installation

Invalid license issue with C++ Composer XE 2011 installation

My company has been using a two-seat floating license for the C++ 10.1 compiler for a couple of years with no problems.We recently decided to move to C++ Composer XE 2011 in conjunction with an upgrade to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. We purchased a two-seat floating license for C++ Composer XE 2011 and I was able to successfully download the installer, register the product, and obtain a license file. I also successfully downloaded and installed the latest version of the FlexLM and installed it on the system that we have been using as a license server. Using the license manager configuration utility I was able to select the new license file that I received. Everything looked good. However, when I went to the first client machine and ran the installation for C++ Composer XE 2011 I ran into a problem where I get the message "The license file provided is invalid". This happenswhenever I attempt to select the license file that I received or when I specify the host name and port for the license server. I verified that the server information in the license is correct and that there is no firewall blocking the port used by the license server.

1 post / 0 new
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.