ifort license privileges

ifort license privileges

I have Intel ifort installed in a department file server where I work. We have a network/multiuser license. Does the license allow me also to install ifort on a desktop and/or laptop at home, so that I can continue to work when I'm away from my desk?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Van,

It looks that you were talking about floating license. With a floating license, you are allowed to install the software on your computers at home. You need to make sure there is a network connection between your home computersand the license server (running flexlm license manager software) in your company.

I copy-n-paste a section about floating license below. For more details of floating license, please refer to EULA at http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/EULA/Intel_SW_Dev_Products_EULA.pdf.

FLOATING LICENSE: If you are using the Materials under the control of a Floating license, you
may (a) install the Materials on an unlimited number of computers that are connected to the
designated network and (b) use the Material by no more than the authorized number of
concurrent users. A separate license is required for each additional concurrent user and/or
network on which the Materials are used. Intel will provide you with a license code key that
enables the Materials for a Floating license up to the authorized number of concurrent users. If
you obtained a time-limited Floating license, the duration (time period) of your license and your
ability to use the Materials is limited to the time period of the obtained license, which is
controlled by the license key code for the Materials. Intel Library Floating License: If the
Materials are the Intel Math Kernel Library or the Intel Integrated Performance Primitives
Library or the Intel Threading Building Blocks (either "Intel Library"), then the Intel Library is
provided to you as an add-on option to either the Intel C++ Compiler product or the Intel
Fortran Compiler product (either "Intel Compiler") for which you have a Floating license, and as
such, in addition to the terms and conditions above, the Intel Library may only be used by the
authorized concurrent users of that Intel Compiler Floating license.
Thank you.
--
Feilong H.
Intel Developer Support

Tools Knowledge Base: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today