How to test flexlm installation

How to test flexlm installation

Edward To's picture

I just installed the flexlm for my intel fortran compiler on a server. I have installed the paralled studio on a client machine.How do I test to see if I can check out a license?

I am not a developer so I don't know how to use this program. I am setting up the server so the developers can use it.

Thanks for the help.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Annalee (Intel)'s picture
Best Reply

Hello Edward,

You can test if it is working by compiling a simple program in parallel studio or by running chklic. If you are running windows, chklic.exe is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio XE 2011\setup\fli. If it says that your license file is valid, then you can check out a license. Chklic.exe from the command line since it outputs to the command line.
This article provides a useful checklist for setting up a license server -http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/checklist-for-installation-and-...

Regards, Annalee

Edward To's picture

When in doubt, read the manual. I did and got my answer. But I also ran the chklic.exe that you suggested. Thanks for the assistance.

Login to leave a comment.