Multiple versions on FlexLM server

Multiple versions on FlexLM server

Customer asks. I need version 11.1 and 12.1 Fortran compiler versions.

What
issues do we have to worry about if we want licenses for two versions of this
software served off the same FlexLM server?

Thanks....

Dave A. from Lifeboat Distribution

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Dave A.,

12.1 licenses are valid for earlier versions of the compiler, so if the customer has enough 12.1 licenses they can just put those on the server. I'll look into potential issues with having both 12.1 and 11.1 licenses on the same server further.

Regards,
Annalee

Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

We don't license by version, just by support end date. No problem with having multiple licenses served - the server will combine the licenses as appropriate. There is a section in the Intel License Manager User Guide on this topic.

Steve

Hi Steve,I understand the support end date thing, I think though that the end user was asking can both versions co-exist on the Flexlm server because both revisions are required.And I believe your answer is yes they can.I'll try and locate that section you mention in the LM user guide.thank you.....Dave A. from Lifeboat Distribution.

Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

Yes, they can - the licenses do not have version numbers encoded so they really don't care. As long as a license for the Fortran "feature" (FcompW) can be checked out, it doesn't matter what the version is. See How to Combine License Files.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.