installation hiccups

installation hiccups

Hi All,

I just got the 008 version of the compiler and followed the instructions in the glibc 2.3 thread, so I grabbed the 034 version as well. My problem is that the 008 version failed to install because of the glibc incompatibility, but the 034 version fails too. In the glibc 2.3 thread it was mentioned that the error messages about glibc were a bug and the installation should work. I can't get it to work though. It says it can't identify which version of glibc I have (yes, it's installed) and then says that the installation failed because of the glibc problems. I have a valid license file. I am trying to install to a custom directory instead of opt/intel for disk space reasons. I could use KPackage I suppose, but I'd rather use the installation script with a custom directory.

Any suggestions?

Damien

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Oops. I just realised that Slackware 9 has glibc 2.3.1 and I need 2.3.2. I'll install that and try again. Sorry guys.

Damien

I've built and installed glibc 2.3.2 from source, and the installation still fails on a list of about 10 or 12 libraries in glibc. Some of them are old versions of glibc, like 2.0.x and so on. I've looked in the /lib directory and everything it wants is there.

Can anyone help me out here?

Damien

Login to leave a comment.