Compiler Internal Error

Compiler Internal Error

I am using the unsupported non-commercial version 7.1.008 (Build 20030307Z) of ifc and I get the *Compiler Internal Error*. I've managed to narrow down the problem. ifc will not compile this code:

MODULE modA
TYPE ta
INTEGER :: i=1
END TYPE ta
PUBLIC :: ta
END MODULE modA

MODULE modB
USE modA
TYPE tb
PRIVATE
TYPE(ta) :: a
END TYPE tb
PRIVATE
END MODULE modB

MODULE modC
USE modB
END MODULE modC

The PRIVATE statements in modB are important. If you are getting *Compiler Internal Errors*, maybe you can try removing some PRIVATE statements. Also, the initialization of i in TYPE ta has something to do with the problem; the error doesn't happen without it.

Does anyone know how to report this to Intel? Obviously I don't expect any actual support, but it would be nice to let them know about it because I like their product otherwise. Is anyone bored enough to try compiling the above code on a commercial version of ifc? I would like to hear whether it works or not.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

When you download the compiler, you should be invited to set up an account on premier.intel.com. That site has a web interface to prompt you to submit necessary information and upload your test case. No doubt, you will get back a message about the low priority your issue will receive, but we still appreciate your effort.

Community Admin's picture

but what do we do once the year's free registration has run out? surely there is some mechanism for reporting "serious bugs" as per the output from the compiler itself (in some cases) [I'm not talking about every "oh my code won't compile" case!]

Michael

Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

As far as I know, you can continue to report problems through Premier Support.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.